• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Everly Brothers

steve from staten island

Local time
4:23 AM
Reaction score
I had the good fortune to go to the Count Basie Theatre in Red Bank New Jersey to see the Everly brothers experience. Performed by the Zmed brothers the group performs the Everly brothers songs and they were in one word, Awesome!
A nice part was they also tell the history of the Everly brothers who are a American icon musical group. In addition they also talked of songwriters Felice and Boudleaux Bryant the husband wife team who wrote 6000 songs of which 1500 were recored and they themselves are famous and who wrote many songs for the Everly's. The Zmed brothers also have soon to be released book about the Bryants.
So in addition to a entertaining afternoon, i also got a musical history lesson.
If you ever have the opportunity to see this group and enjoy this music you wont be disappointed.
Red Bank is a nice little town, with some great restaurants and we had a good meal. Either way the wife was happy and when she's happy so am i LOL

Phil and Don... legendary duo, great songs, harmonies influenced the great artists that followed. One passed away not too long ago.

The Everly Brothers were great and I remember seeing them on TV and hearing them on Radio. As I remember they had some riff between them and basically wouldn't perform any longer and the last song I remember released for air play was called On The Wings of a Nightingale. Guess I may have to get a greatest hit CD now.

My Dad played in a band in the late 50s and early 60s...Johnny and the Thunderbirds. They worked a few clubs back East and opened for the Everly Brothers waaaaay back then!

The Everly Brothers began their career as young boys , singing on a famous radio station in the mid-West- KMA or KNIM in Shenandoah , Iowa. At that time some radio stations were very powerful and would reach distant places. This was before television when radio was the main form of entertainment. My three cousins were young girls singing trio named the Ryan sisters. They performed with the Everly brothers. Shenandoah is also the home of Earl May Garden centers. A few years ago, at the grand opening celebration of the Everly brothers restored home , a couple guys were there performing as a tribute duo , and very well could have been the Zmed brothers . I live just 40 miles from Shenandoah...........................MO

The Everly Brothers began their career as young boys , singing on a famous radio station in the mid-West- KMA or KNIM in Shenandoah , Iowa. At that time some radio stations were very powerful and would reach distant places. This was before television when radio was the main form of entertainment. My three cousins were young girls singing trio named the Ryan sisters. They performed with the Everly brothers. Shenandoah is also the home of Earl May Garden centers. A few years ago, at the grand opening celebration of the Everly brothers restored home , a couple guys were there performing as a tribute duo , and very well could have been the Zmed brothers . I live just 40 miles from Shenandoah...........................MO
MO, those two guys who performed in Shenandoah were the Zmed brothers. They showed a movie clip during there performance of that celebration. Thanks

Auto Transport Service
Back