• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Exhaust header hardware

rrTor-Red

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:20 AM
Reaction score
Hey gang:

I'm getting parts together for my stroker engine and will soon be dropping it in like the factory did as soon as the body is done.

Anyway, I want to put headers on my 400 stroked engine, leaning towards TTI ceramic. It has Edelbrock aluminum heads. Should I put studs and nuts on or bolts? Anyone know the size as well? I want to use ARP.

Thanks

My 2 cents.......... bolts, for a couple reasons. 1) I believe it's mentioned in your Edelbrock cylinder heads directions to use bolts. 2) Heck of a lot easier to remove/install/maneuver your header around with bolts vs. studs. Your Eddy exhaust bolt/stud holes do not tap into the water jackets like a factory iron head does, so there's no worry with dumping antifreeze every time you remove them. I recommend using a good locking header bolt so you're not constantly tightening header bolts. I use ARP's with a lock/star washer, but there are header bolts out there that have locking tabs that supposedly work better. Thread size 3/8" DIA x .750L" Good luck! You're getting close!

For the $.50 cent tour.... I would suggest Doug's headders.... the consensus says the best fit. Everyone else who got something else has a fight with it the cheaper the more the fight.... use everything edelbrock recommends 3/4 reach plugs and the ones that fit a 3/4" deep socket and get an extra pack of ARP lube for the threads don't forget to retorque the head bots after 500 miles.... and X2 on propwash

I have some super comps on my stealth sand I used the stage 8 bolts with the locking tab so they won't back out or loosen

Thanks for the info guys. I forgot to look at Doug's headers as well, will do that before I decide.

For the $.50 cent tour.... I would suggest Doug's headders.... the consensus says the best fit. Everyone else who got something else has a fight with it the cheaper the more the fight.... use everything edelbrock recommends 3/4 reach plugs and the ones that fit a 3/4" deep socket and get an extra pack of ARP lube for the threads don't forget to retorque the head bots after 500 miles.... and X2 on propwash

How much did this answer cost the poster? Did he have to open an account and pay first?

I like my cheap *** hedman hooker super comp rallye high flow long tube headers. we have yet to do battle even after 20 some years

ARP header studs for a chivy are cheaper than for a MOPAR and work just perfect.

Auto Transport Service
Back