• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Exhaust manifold paint / anti-seize

Benn using it on them for years and also on steel headers.
Any reason it wouldn’t work over remnants of old paint coating or did you sandblast back down to clean metal first before applying?

I just wire brushed them t get the scale off. No idea over paint if it will work right.

Saw on here someone had used silver anti-seize to paint their exhaust manifolds. Anyone have experience with this?
For what it's worth......i've used a compound called CALIX EXHAUST MANIFOLD DRESSING

Rub-in an instant cast-iron luster with easy-to-use Manifold Dressing Your project vehicle's exhaust manifold will look like new after you rub it down with Calyx Manifold Dressing. It's easy to apply and long-lasting.
  • Rub-in with rag or toothbrush
  • No disassembly required
  • Enough for 8-10 typical V8 exhaust manifolds

Calyx Manifold Coating 3 oz​

Rub-in an instant, long-lasting,
cast-iron luster
4.7 out of 5 stars. Read reviews for average rating value is 4.7 of 5. Read 20 Reviews Same page link.

(20)
Write a review
$22.99

In Stock

Get it as early as Sunday, June 25 if you order in the next 20 hr(s) 0 min(s)!

GOOGLE CALIX.....
its like a graphite based product.....easy to use...brush on, wipe on, it's NOT A PAINT.....WORKS WELL.... lasts a long time....not much prep time.......relatively inexpensive.....
BOB RENTON

I used Slip Plate graphite spray lube as someone here already mentioned. Never had a clogging issue. Before I use any spray paint , I sit the can in some warm water for about 10 minutes. This atomizes the paint. Spray comes out really good. I always turn the can upside down when I am done and clear out the nozzle that way. Anyway, I sandblasted the manifolds and then sprayed two coatings , let it sit for an hour. Lightly buff with a cotton towel to give a little shine. After painting let the paint set up for about 24 hours and then you can start the engine. Not much smoke . It dissipates quick. No strange odors. Did my manifolds in 2019 and they still look excellant today. Does not wear off like the cast blast paints do. Best stuff I ever used for manifolds.

Slip plate manifold. - Copy.jpg

slip plate - Copy.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back