• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Exhaust manifold

edemestihas

Local time
9:19 PM
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

i have a 1968 Plymouth GTX 440. I'm looking for some exhaust manifolds. Does anyone know if any manifolds will fit or do they have to be specific.

Thanks
Evan

I would be on the look out for a set of 68-69 HP exhaust manifolds.
The casting numbers are the same as long as you are not particular on the date codes.
They also seem to be a little more common. I can look tonight as I may have a matching set.
Matt

You can also use 70 and later HP manifolds but the one has the studs for the hot air riser. And I'm pretty sure 67 was the first year for those.

You can also use 70 and later HP manifolds but the one has the studs for the hot air riser. And I'm pretty sure 67 was the first year for those.

You are correct Meep 67 was the first year for the BB HP exhaust manifolds. It seems as those being one year only are quite a bit harder to find and along with the 70-71 manifolds seem more expensive when you do. I would actually guess that most of the BB HP exhaust manifolds would work as the basic design is the same. With some minor changes like the addition of the heat stove bosses on the drivers side of the 70 up and the change to the location of the heat riser of the passenger side manifold in 70 up. Matt

Thanks for the information it was helpful. If anyone has a set for sale let me know.
Thanks Evan

- - - Updated - - -

If you find a set I'm interested.

Thanks
evan

Auto Transport Service
Back