• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Exhaust

I make my own with pipe kits from Jegs and Dynomax Ultraflow mufflers. I have time and don't want/like to drop my car off anywhere.

Last kit was 3" B Body.
20230602_100627.jpg
20230604_180527.jpg
20230610_112619.jpg

Mine is a 68
What's everyone doing for exhaust ? Are you ordering exhaust kits online or just taking to exhaust shop ? What kit if so ?
Coronet Superbee tribute. I did the exhaust myself. I bought a kit from ebay 62-74 Mopar B Body Car 2.5" Dual Exhaust Kit 2 Chamber Rear Exit No Tip | eBay
And the tips from amazon Amazon product ASIN B09J226BCBI bought a 10 foot piece of 2.25" tubing from Napa that I formed with an s bend to go from the headers to the mufflers.
I turned out very good. A little too loud but really sounds great.

20231113_151910.jpg

20231108_142756.jpg

20231107_140821.jpg

20231122_100938.jpg

I used to run headers, sidepipes, etc. in the day and loved it. But when I got my 70 RR, it was in need of a new system. So I got the ECS (their "factory authentic") pipes and mufflers. Sounds like I'm transported back in time. :)

But perhaps a not loud enough? Family doesn't even realize when I pull the car out to drive anymore. Hmm...

Might as well throw my hat in the ring as well. I have a 440 based 512 with a dual quad tunnel ram setup and run the TTI headers and a TTI full 2 1/2 system with dyna flows and an x pipe. Motor dynoed just under 600 HP I have had no indications of restriction ( I chose a 6000RPM redline) The only difference that i have verses the norm is i wrapped my headers and love the benefit of almost 50% heat reduction in the engine bay, (comparing my buddys car to mine with a temp gun) I have heard this also increases exhaust flow because of higher exhaust temp in pipe. I don't think my application is quite at that level (I'm not chasing that extra 10th in the quarter) I am aware of the added corrosion issues of the wrap but the purchase of the stainless headers from TTI will help combat that. Good Luck!!

resto11c1.jpg

resto36.jpg

resto37.jpg

resto38.jpg

sidepos.jpg

What do you mean by “limit”?
That's right at the point where the engine chokes out and dies like you cut off the ignition.
You can short shift as a work- around.
Or build a F.A.S.T. car, then none of that applies.

Ron H said his car was too loud with the exact same system, hopefully I won’t feel the same way…
Little doubt you will love the sound. I had no complaints with how nice they sounded. And may sound nicer on your BB. I have a vert and the noise that goes with it. It’s actually quieter with the top down than up, lol.

Little doubt you will love the sound. I had no complaints with how nice they sounded. And may sound nicer on your BB. I have a vert and the noise that goes with it. It’s actually quieter with the top down than up, lol.

The GTX has been rowdy sounding since I built it, so it’s very much a part of the car’s personality. I haven’t gotten around to firing it up yet, but I feel confident that it won’t be too loud. I ran 2 chamber Flowmasters for years until they started to rust out and got replaced with Delta 50’s.

Might as well throw my hat in the ring as well. I have a 440 based 512 with a dual quad tunnel ram setup and run the TTI headers and a TTI full 2 1/2 system with dyna flows and an x pipe. Motor dynoed just under 600 HP I have had no indications of restriction ( I chose a 6000RPM redline) The only difference that i have verses the norm is i wrapped my headers and love the benefit of almost 50% heat reduction in the engine bay, (comparing my buddys car to mine with a temp gun) I have heard this also increases exhaust flow because of higher exhaust temp in pipe. I don't think my application is quite at that level (I'm not chasing that extra 10th in the quarter) I am aware of the added corrosion issues of the wrap but the purchase of the stainless headers from TTI will help combat that. Good Luck!!

View attachment 1571839

View attachment 1571840

View attachment 1571841

View attachment 1571842

View attachment 1571843
What wrap did you use? Were the headers ceramic coated? Thanks

Last edited:
What wrap did you use? Were the headers ceramic coated? Thanks
these are the wrap and headers that i have.

Design Engineering DEI 10095 DEI Titanium Exhaust and Header Wrap Kits | Summit Racing
https://www.ttiexhaust.com/TTi383440-134.htm

I have to say I am very happy with this wrap, the trick that i was told with wrapping (and it worked well for me) is to soak the wrap overnight in water it will become more plyable then when you stretch it over the pipes and secure it it will shrink and form to the pipe creating a better longer lasting wrap.

What I looked up said the limit was around 500HP as you'd need more flow for higher output and that at 525HP you need 3"

There really isn’t a “limit”, but probably at 500-525 hp, you are starting to give up some hp in most cases, and you are starting down the path of diminishing returns.

There are guys making 850 hp with 2 1/2” exhaust. Obviously you would only do this to meet class restrictions.

With the x and h pipes, does the mid pipes have to be removed to get a manual transmission and cross member out?

With the x and h pipes, does the mid pipes have to be removed to get a manual transmission and cross member out?
You can't do much about the bulk of an x pipe, but if you flange an H-pipe, it makes a whole lot of things easier underneath.

Auto Transport Service
Back