• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

F5 or F8

ksurfer2

Local time
8:08 PM
Reaction score
I need to fix a couple of minor chips in the paint. The fender tag says this is an F5 car, but in looking at other photos F5 cars seem a little lighter. Could it be F8? ....cars in that color seem a little darker. It is also possible it is neither, it has been repainted by a previous owner and I do not have any records of that

0127180918a.jpg
0127180917a.jpg
Fender Tag.jpg

I need to fix a couple of minor chips in the paint. The fender tag says this is an F5 car, but in looking at other photos F5 cars seem a little lighter. Could it be F8? ....cars in that color seem a little darker. It is also possible it is neither, it has been repainted by a previous owner and I do not have any records of that

View attachment 629999 View attachment 630000 View attachment 630001
My Bee is F5. That's F5.
You're going to have to find out what product was used to spray the car in order for it to match.

The chips are VERY small and in panel gaps around the hood and doors. I am probably the only one who notices them (damn my ADHD). I am thinking a little dab of touch up paint on a brush would make them completely disappear. In this photo, you can see a SMALL chip at the top corner of the fender...this is what I am looking to fix. The other marks are not chips in the paint, just schmutz that needed to be cleaned.

chip.JPG

Last edited:
The chips are VERY small and in panel gaps around the hood and doors. I am probably the only one who notices them (damn my ADHD). I am thinking a little dab of touch up paint on a brush would make them completely disappear.
If they're really small dip the torn off end of a paper match in the paint. Use that rather than a brush.

The original F5 was a strange color. As it ages it begins to take on a gold hue.

Paint shop should be able to color match.

Auto Transport Service
Back