• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

F6 bright green or 999 rally green

Mally69

Local time
2:33 AM
Reaction score
Can someone explain to me the diff between these two colors. Ive. googled them both multiple times, as far as f6 goes I see some cars being nice brilliant green on the darker side and then I see some that are pale metallic looking . And now I'm seeing this rally green and it looks good in some pics. I need some accurate information on both colors Google images isn't very good at least for these two colors to get a good feel for which one I want to use on my Coronet.

Supposedly mopar made some A12 superbees. Rally green. I've just seen multiple shades of both, I know f6 has metallic , but what does rally green have?

Seen at least one Camaro green A12.

When I did my F6 Bee I color mapped the bottom of a Lynch Road deck lid to get the exact match. A picture is posted below showing the results along with the recipe for a base clear coat application.

I think the reason you see so many different hues of F6 is you can vary the appearance of it by varying the pressure of the application.

By the way, good choice of color. One of my favorites.

D

IMG_1623.jpgIMG_20130827_155510_999.jpg

Thanks I like it as well. What do u mean by the pressure of the application????

Why would Mopar use a Chevy color? Beautiful color though something chevy actually did right lol.

Thanks I like it as well. What do u mean by the pressure of the application????

The picture below is the recipe from above just at different pressures and with the clear applied to the top half. You can see the difference from left to right. I chose the right side.

I think they said it has something to do with the way the metailic lays down? That is all I know, my paint guy under stood it.

I have posted a picture of the car as well so you can see the color over an entire vehicle. You know, we want pictures as soon as you have your car painted!

D

IMG_20130827_155359_454.jpgIMG_4712 W.jpg

In 69 Dodge had a f6 paint code, it was called Rally Green, Plymouth did not have f6 available. So those that wanted it could get it under the code 99 99 or some fender tags show 999, which is the code for special order paint color. And some called it Spring Green on Plymouths (Roadrunners) As for the who copied who, Chevrolet could have copied MOPAR just as easy. The light green metallic you see, might be f3 green.

In 69 Dodge had a f6 paint code, it was called Rally Green, Plymouth did not have f6 available. So those that wanted it could get it under the code 99 99 or some fender tags show 999, which is the code for special order paint color. And some called it Spring Green on Plymouths (Roadrunners) As for the who copied who, Chevrolet could have copied MOPAR just as easy. The light green metallic you see, might be f3 green.
F6 is "bright green metallic"
Spring green or rally green was a 999 code color which was used on camaros. It is a darker non mettalic color

F6 is a Dodge color.
Code 97 is the Plymouth Rallye green, which is GM formula that Plymouth used. GM had it first.
The Plymouth/Chevrolet color is a bit darker, and almost candy looking. It is metallic, although not as metallic as Dodges F6.
I owned a 69 1/2 A12 Road Runner, code 97 green for 26 years. It is an impressive color. Much more intense than the Dodge F6 color.

Auto Transport Service
Back