• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Family Tradition

Gentlemen...

Thanks for taking the time to shuffle through my thread, the kind words and the motivation to keep driving on with this project. Much appreciated!! It Really is.

Sarting to feel the burn of working on the car every single night and the wife isn't the most thrilled, but I set my goal for June/July for Body/Paint and i'm gonna do it!

With that being said, more progress tonight...LOL

"The AMD Adventure"

If anyone ever tells you AMD parts just drop into place, just point and laugh..
I give them credit for fitting better than most, but please don't be fooled they're plug and play. They will need work to fit right Also see DetMatt's AMD adventures over at "Junkyard Dog"

Alright, fenders............ Bottom dog leg of passenger fender. Obviously that upward slop of the metal you see is not supposed to be there. Would make for a real interesting fit up.

a1-7.jpg

Just pie cut, bent down and welded back across. Pretty easy stuff. I eventually ground the weld pretty much flush, primed, painted and the coated the inside with 3M rubberized undercoating..

a2-7.jpg

a3-7.jpg

Another treat...Horrid line up at the top corner of the door/fender

a4-6.jpg

a5-4.jpg

After about an hour of dolly/hammer, cylinder carbide bit, die grinder, a little welding, some 100 grit and a good old fashioned round file, she's pretty much normal looking. I'm probably going to tweek the top a bit more, but enough for tonight.

a6-3.jpg

That was just a taste of the major issues. I also spent a ton of time playing musical tightening/loosen of bolts as well as juggling 4 different sizes of alignment shims, trying to get her staight. 1 fender= 5 hours..wow

GGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think you're right GPuller, Looking mean with those Goodyear Wranglers up front....LOL

a7-3.jpg

Dayum! I guess I won't complain about fixing my beat up original fenders no more.

nice work Will

thanks for the time table will,that will help me plan at least one of my days. It's good to see the car back on the ground.That's got to be a big boost for you and i hope the wife too when she goes for a ride.

Dayum! I guess I won't complain about fixing my beat up original fenders no more.

nice work Will

I guess it's probably a horse a piece with the OEM vs. AMD Dave..... Either way, perfect panels are a thing of the past

thanks for the time table will,that will help me plan at least one of my days. It's good to see the car back on the ground.That's got to be a big boost for you and i hope the wife too when she goes for a ride.

No problem Roger....Floors are kind of grunt work, but pretty cut and dry..

Blasted and wire wheeled the hood hinge's. I was stunned how much time it took to get them cleaned up..

s1-3.jpg

Coated them with some PPG epoxy primer..I'll toss on some single stage in the next day or two.

s2-2.jpg

Spent about three hours installing the driver side fender. Didn't take as much work as the passenger, but never the less it needed work..

Pretty much buttoned up the front end (obviously not the hood).......

s3-2.jpg

s4-2.jpg

is there any original metal left to that car besides the roof?

Oh heavens yes........tons. LOL!

Outside:

-About 2 feet of the passenger side rocker
-85% of the rear deck filler panel
-A Pillars

Underneath/inside:

-Rear floor pans
-95% Front frame rails
-part of the torsion bar x-member
-part of the rear rails
-Driver side trunk gutter
-75% of inner wheel houses
-inner roof support
-inner cowl
-75% of jams and hinge pillars
-90% under the hood
-majority of inner rockers

That pretty much sums it up

looking better and better every time i read your post will. did i read you were putting a 521 motor in? Is that a new crate motor or from the motor that was in it when you got the car?

Thanks Roger!

There will be a 512 Stroker going in...

It's not any kind of crate motor. I will be using the 440 that came with the car for the build. Right now i'm still saving a bit before I go buying the forged rotating assembly and the Eddy Aluminum heads for it... I already have the machine shop in the loop for the boil, boring, milling, cam rings, frost plugs, block knotch, balancing and installing ARP studs for the mains. I'll do the assembly, then bring it back over for the dyno..

WTF! Does everyone got a 512 now? Just watched a 512 on youtube. Is it only me left with a 383? Not to mention when Sven will rumble down my street with his Hemi...
:sad11:

WTF! Does everyone got a 512 now? Just watched a 512 on youtube. Is it only me left with a 383? Not to mention when Sven will rumble down my street with his Hemi...
:sad11:

LOL!

You bet Swede....There's no replacement for displacement

Very Much Appreciated Dave!!

Thank you so much for taking the time to do that for me. That is all the info I need to knock that out...I owe ya buddy!

Thanks!

HOLY HELL!! U R makin' serious progress!! I will get your parts to u this week if u still need them the weather has been crap.

That sure aint much of a video production Will, very spur of th moment but hopefully it helps.

my electrician is supposed to show up tonight to locate my broken underground power wire to my shop and splice it so hopefully i will be up and running on the tin chicken soon.

Thanks guys!

Awesome work Prop, Skeletor who?

LOL..Thanks Matt! It's nice having a garage again instead of a tomb, but I can honestly say that i'm starting to miss all the metal work. The Miller doesn't look good with dust sitting on it. I was hoping to have another project in, but that Superbee I looked at turned out to be a Coronet with Superbee stickers. Worse thing was is the guy selling was trying to lie about it. Also, the so called "original 383" in the car turned out to be a 400. I heard there is a 68' Charger project for sale about 40 miles from here. I'm gonna try to get a chance to check that out this weekend. Thanks again and hopefully life allows a little time for you and the "Dog" to get together soon.

HOLY HELL!! U R makin' serious progress!! I will get your parts to u this week if u still need them the weather has been crap.

Thanks Ben..You bet, sure could still use those parts. Just shoot me a PM of what you got & a total and I'll be sure to send out a 400 lb cheese log..Or some cash, whatever works better for ya...

That sure aint much of a video production Will, very spur of th moment but hopefully it helps.

my electrician is supposed to show up tonight to locate my broken underground power wire to my shop and splice it so hopefully i will be up and running on the tin chicken soon.

It sure does Dave...I was hoping for more of a Quentin Tarantino type flick with you battling off zombies with a 5 foot stick of frozen summer sausage, but never the less still informative and entertaining.

Good luck on the power back to the shop! Hopefully the spark chaser doesn't hammer you with too much damage, getting the juice up and running for you.

Skeletor reborn..

Just about Ron....Just about. I can almost hear air starting to fill her lungs. Wait..that might be my bank account deflating

"Just about Ron....Just about. I can almost hear air starting to fill her lungs. Wait..that might be my bank account deflating"

I was informed of a PM in email awaiting me, thought id check and see what your up to today on the Skeletor project..

Your bank account deflating! Thats funny, I was laying in bed last night thinking of how far you come on all this and i was thinking, turned around and i was doing this, I found myself asleep dreaming of waking up in a cardboard box under a bridge in a city somewhere next to others living in the same condo. lol.. Her lungs filling with air the first time will make you forget about any bank account..... for awhile.
'

Same hear Dave good luck with the electrical!

Wow Ron........A bum in a box eh? Well...look at the bright side, at least your mortgage would be cheap, moving wouldn't be a hassle, and it wouldn't cost a fortune to build a new house. :confused3:

Auto Transport Service
Back