• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Family Tradition

No problem Dave...I guessing somewhere down the road folks may use mine or your threads for referrence, so now they have 2 spots to find the info.

Thanks again

WOW!
I havent been a member here for long so i was searching today and found this thread.
I 've been reading it for 8 hours today!What a story!

Prop this is one of the most EPIC cars i have ever seen.

The final part about the window.... BOZO made me cry(serious).maybe because i rode the story in fast forward with all the guys comments ect....

You need to print this story off and give it to any others who do work on your car .

Thankyou.
ossietim

:icon_thumright: Thanks a bunch ossietim. I appreciate it. Thanks for taking the time to read all the way through. Glad you're enjoying the resto.

Only people left to touch the car will be the alignment shop..Obviously under my close supervision..Other than that, it's just me and my Plymouth.

Wish I had more to report, but i've been on the road for work a lot lately....hopefully it slows down soon.

Nice to know I'm not the only **** Stirrer around the World.....lol

With my dad having a 69 Roadrunner, this model of car is what definitly got me into mopars. After selling his years ago to do the "family guy" thing, I've watched his penstar ambition slump no almost nothing with time, age, responsibility. So, in an effort to revive the mopar roots, I not only bought the car because it is what I always wanted, but also to get my dad involved and return the favor he gave to me years ago.

So prop has your Dad enjoyed the resto so far?i'm sure you both tossed around ideas together?
I'd love to have done it with my dad but alas to late now he's got dementia.....your a lucky man!

With my dad having a 69 Roadrunner, this model of car is what definitly got me into mopars. After selling his years ago to do the "family guy" thing, I've watched his penstar ambition slump no almost nothing with time, age, responsibility. So, in an effort to revive the mopar roots, I not only bought the car because it is what I always wanted, but also to get my dad involved and return the favor he gave to me years ago.

So prop has your Dad enjoyed the resto so far?i'm sure you both tossed around ideas together?
I'd love to have done it with my dad but alas to late now he's got dementia.....your a lucky man!

You bet Ossietim....Talk to the man every weekend when he requires his weekly update on the Roadrunner. Not only has he helped me work on it, but has also come up and help formulate ideas that have taken shape on the car.
Sorry to hear about your father...Wish you could have been in the same boat as I.

Some updates on the car.

Got the bucket seat brackets and rails down to bare metal and repainted, installed the fuel tank and sending unit, dyed and installed the rear window interior trim, installed left side weather seal, installed the fuel tank nozzle and rubber seal (pain in the rear). I also had some rust repair on the frame/brace work for the rear seat. Replaced one section of rotton seat frame with some 14ga steel and also replaced about 5 inches of the supporting rod on one side, coated it all with Rust bullet afterwards. It was nice to fire up the welder again.

The seats go to the upholsterey tomorrow morning for the new foam and legendary covers to be installed!!!

I know you guys like pic's...Nothing exciting here, just the welded in new metal and a before pic of the bucket seats. Gotta leave town again tomorrow, but hopefully when I get back they'll be ready to go.

w1-14.jpg

w2-12.jpg

w3-9.jpg

FINALLY! lol, Just kidding but am glad to see you back... After seeing so many seats with you guys using legendary, Ill bet they come back looking great... I don't think ive ever heard bad about them! Good luck bud.. Back to patiently waiting..

Holy Sheep **** Will!! U have made some insane progress on the runner!!! She's a Bad Beast! Can't wait to see you fire her up!! Love the paint scheme as well!! Some all black torque thrusts would be sweet! The car would be scary as hell!! Well will hope all is well! You are a bigger man than me, by the way.The asshole who dinged your car would have had a dinged face.

LOL...He's lucky he didn't end up in a shallow grave on the back 40 Ben. It's amazing how some folks can simply manage to survive through life. Thanks for the compliment's, hope all is well and it's good to hear from ya.

Auto Transport Service
Back