• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Family Tradition

you should post a before and after pic. when you look at the blue bird in your fist post and then look at your latest pics it is hard to believe it is the same car!

Neat idea......Maybe something like this?:

aa.jpgView attachment 126437

bb.jpgView attachment 126440

ff.jpgView attachment 126442

cc.jpgView attachment 126444

fantastic! looks awsome! love the sound. Be proud of your efforts.

Will, That bird is awesome. What really sucks is the speaker on my laptop went to crap and I couldn't here the motor. But you can bet i'll be getting that taken care of when I get home. And when I do, everytime I log on here, i'm going to play your video every time. Little brother must've been sleeping in the crib. LOL (had to make mention, couldn't resist. What does the wife think of it. Bet she's glad the motor making noises and not you, huh?

Thanks Guys! And I hope you had a good 4th as well Dave, and the same with the rest of you guys!

So........The day has come. The little rotten Plymouth once again has taken it's first breath. Start up went pretty good but had a few gremlins as expected. Motor runs great!!! She goes in for alignment Thursday, registered her today and picked up my plates. I'm waiting on a replacement vacuum switch for the vacuum pump for the brakes (does not shut off) and have some stuff to wrap up (audio, front/rear sway bar, after alignment) But, never the less...road ready

Took her for a spin through the neighborhood. New rear is groaning. I would hope/expect that to fade out after it breaks in. Needless to say, being out of alignment and not having any power assist to the brakes limited my journey. Plus I didn't slap on the tags yet. Still couldn't resist going for a spin. One thing I can say is that this car is going to get me into trouble...lol I didn't get into very much being the rear and tranny need to be broke in, but just feeling out the pedal a bit, holy smokes does this thing have power!! Wow! Another thing i'm really happy with is how well she behaves. Cool as a cucumber at idle or mellow throttle, but as soon as you give her a bit a juice, she goes off like a freaking firework..........LOVE IT!

Anyways.....Gonna post a little vid I scrapped together, but here are some end product shots for you guys.

Alright.........fresh from Will's Rustbelt Media Productions...LOL A little Vid I took with my phone. I'm waiting on a decent alignment and working power brakes before I post a vid taking a cruise.

[video=youtube;4ZL5A1RIGHA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZL5A1RIGHA&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Freaken' awesome badassery there... car came out great, love the commentary too, you sound happy...LOL... the car sounds great... thanks for the video, great production value....

- - - Updated - - -

I love the name Skeletor... fitting

Amazing car, I really like the exhaust sound, very well done. Kudos to you Prop for one hell of a restoration.

Any ideas on whats comming up? Another resto? GTX?? hehe

We want to see some vids of those evil Fords in you rearview!

I've been waiting for a video and I'm the last to see it as usual. Wow Prop "that's one sweet car" I really like the black on black paint and the engine compartment looks amazing not to mention the sound. Sure sounds mellow for all those horses, somebody did they're homework. Like these guys said "you've added a little fire to our projects". It's great to see someone really tackle everything in a professional manner, that itself is the best thing I think you showed in your build "quality in everything". Congrats

Wow , I never saw the turquoise before... I dont suppose you want to fly on over in your private jet and weld up my rear quarters for me?....LOL

I'll never be able to get my car as straight as yours... that's some top shelf stuff right there

AWESOME! Wow Will, you have a lot to be proud of, awesome almost sounds like to small of a word for this beast... Have fun buddy!

She Lives!!!!

Damn Will...after all this time, i was thinking of something to say once Skeletor was done and all i got is WOW.

you just built yourself (IMHO) the perfect B-body and all of Us learned a ****-ton on your travels about the B-body countryside!! this thread really should be made into a paperback!!

Congrats Brother and thanks for takin' Us for a ride with ya these past 3 years!!!

---so wat's next?? a 542GTX??? :icon_batman:

Wow fella's......I'm really at a loss of words for all the great positive feedback. I really do appreciate it and if feels great knowing you guys are signing this one off as a job well done. Thank you. Now....what the hell am I going to do with myself? Driving the bird is going to be a blast, but I don't think that's going to cut the bacon. I guess it's time for me to slow down and spend a bit more time enjoy watching you guys build your rides.

I'd come out there Chris and weld those quarters on for you, if I could afford the time/ticket. Now if you said rockers, I'd probably miss my flight LOL. Just kidding. If I was closer, you bet I would give you a hand.

I'm liking the deceiving idle on the 512 747....It don't rattle me around like a change jar, but when you hit the throttle it's pretty amazing how fast it goes from quiet to riot.

I think a '70 GTX would look quite nice sitting in the garage, getting revived MT_Mopar. There is one not too far from here, but the options/price are a bit off my radar. Trying to close a deal on some acreage right now, but if that falls through it may just speed up my next appointment with a rotten Mopar.

I Gotta get a couple shot with the "Mini me" yet Roger..lol Great to see they actually look a like now, instead of one real nice one and another in pieces.

Thank you Ron.......and i'm really looking forward to the day that we're all gazing upon your road ready '69!

Yeah, pretty stoked Budnicks. Always a good feeling getting a car back on the road. Especially taking that first drive down the main strip of your hometown, with all the windows down and a big old grin on your face.

Many thanks to you Basketcase, Funship, tallhair and all the others. It's been great being able to have and share this thread here. The best part has been shooting the breeze with all you guys. When I started this thread and gave it the name "Family Tradition" it was because these cars have always ran through my veins. I can say that alot of my younger memories growing up have been of a big old V8's chugging in dad's garage, peeling down the road with all my buddies in a freshly waxed Dodge on a Friday night or even driving off from the church in my old Mopar with my new wife. I said I would find the time to circle that wagon with my old man an re-light that fire with these old cars in him, that captured me when I was young..and this car/project has. Spent plenty of time with him on this bird and now the wheels are turning with his own ideas of a classic ride to summon on the streets. My mom, heck...she's always been and always will be a Mopar nut and she can't wait for a ride. Before this turn's into some sort of corny insurance salesman of the year speech, id just like to end it by saying thanks. I look forward to watching your builds and your mopars go down the road and look forward to many more days of putting and keeping these cars on the road with all of you.

- - - Updated - - -

Damn Will...after all this time, i was thinking of something to say once Skeletor was done and all i got is WOW.

you just built yourself (IMHO) the perfect B-body and all of Us learned a ****-ton on your travels about the B-body countryside!! this thread really should be made into a paperback!!

Congrats Brother and thanks for takin' Us for a ride with ya these past 3 years!!!

---so wat's next?? a 542GTX??? :icon_batman:

Thanks Brother! Heck of a trip eh? I think the next thing on the agenda is figuring out when/where your GTX and my bird can meet up and clear the streets. I'm sure we could create plenty of experiences for the books with a couple crazy guys and a couple crazy Plymouth's. Might have to start a Bail fund..lol God only knows what kind of rusty creature may coming creeping up in my garage next, but the three letters G T X sure sound nice. Thanks for coming along for the ride Mar!

Well well! That is one beautiful Runner!!!! Congrats on an outstanding job. It sounds great. You have to feel quite the sense of acomplishment!

Thank you wing! Good to see ya. I don't know if it's a sense of accomplishment or more of I just lost my second job..lol Never the less, thank you for the compliment :tiphat:

fantastic job on the road runner. I havent posted much,but i sure have enjoyed following your build. If billy crystal were to walk up to that car he would definetly have to say " YOU LOOK MARVELOUS"

Congrats Prop.
It's a beautiful ride! And you are an inspiration to me and my build!

Prop..
I gotta say that is one of the finest restorations I have seen. Considering what you started with, just flippin' amazing. And, thanks to the video, I found my new exhaust setup. I already have tti headers, so the rest will fit nicely! Did you go with the h-pipe or x? Also are the oval tips the ones from tti?

Again, just a simply beautiful job!!!

Jeff

Prop..
I gotta say that is one of the finest restorations I have seen. Considering what you started with, just flippin' amazing. And, thanks to the video, I found my new exhaust setup. I already have tti headers, so the rest will fit nicely! Did you go with the h-pipe or x? Also are the oval tips the ones from tti?

Again, just a simply beautiful job!!!

Jeff

Thanks a bunch Jeff! I ended up going with an H-Pipe. I'm not a real big fan of the sound of a X-Pipe. The TTI headers you have should hook up pretty easy to the TTI exhaust. Different story in my case being I have Doug's headers. I had to weld/fabricate S-bend adapters to get the headers and exhaust to hook up. I bought my Tips from Classic Industries. I believe they are made by Accurate and cost around $130. They are real good quality polished stainless parts. I'm pretty impressed with them. Classic was the only place that I could find the Plymouth style oval tips that are slip fit for 3" Exhaust. I know TTI has them, but the price is way north of that. Your TTI Exhaust will come with the hangers for the exhaust tips, but not the tips themselves. I'm really happy with the sound and installation was fairly easy. Best of luck to you if that's the route you go.

- - - Updated - - -

fantastic job on the road runner. I havent posted much,but i sure have enjoyed following your build. If billy crystal were to walk up to that car he would definetly have to say " YOU LOOK MARVELOUS"

LOL

hey Will,Thought I would comment. Got my speaker fixed on my laptop and listened to your video. That motor sounds just plain a$$ awesome. I think you missed your life's calling, you should've become a professional commentator. Ha, I bet you thought I was going to say car builder even though you could excel at that too. If I can get my car done to be worthy of even standing in your shadow, I will be happy.

Auto Transport Service
Back