• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fast EFI master kit troubleshooting

DblR

Local time
2:18 AM
Reaction score
Hello guys and gals, I've finished the install on my project. I've done everything from start to finish. I installed the EFI master kit to my 72 Satellite with a 360. My worry was the fuel system. After hooking up everything and checking it like 10 times. I turned ignition on and fuel pump fired up and pressure went to the moon. Pegged. Also handheld didn't turn on. Good thing about it is it doesn't leak fuel. I'm beat up, cut up and pissed. If anyone has a suggestion I'm all ears. Thank you

Well after checking everything 10 times did you call the company? Sounds like multiple problems. Not powering up for sure is either a component failure or mis-wired. The high fuel pressure not knowing what you have could be a bad regulator. Is there a return? If so is it clear and free flowing?

No I haven't yet. Bought it from fast, new. Everything went together ok. Just mounting ECU and routing wires not to get hot was the hard part. Plug and play. I was probably naive thinking that I could just turn the switch and everything would work magically. So tomorrow I will call support and hopefully they'll go through it with me.

No I haven't yet. Bought it from fast, new. Everything went together ok. Just mounting ECU and routing wires not to get hot was the hard part. Plug and play. I was probably naive thinking that I could just turn the switch and everything would work magically. So tomorrow I will call support and hopefully they'll go through it with me.
I would want it powered up first. How is the fuel supply set up? From what I remember the pump fuels direct to the Throttle body and there is a regulator on the output side of the throttle body going back to the tank. This has to be free flowing and not dead headed. If by some chance its plumbed wrong or restricted on the return it will cause very high pressures. I believe desired pressure is in the mid 40's.

That pesky fuel system. I'm calling them and will follow their instructions.

That pesky fuel system. I'm calling them and will follow their instructions.
You had another post on return lines. Did you run a larger 3/8 or bigger back to the tank from the regulator?

When the pump is running be sure fuel is going back to the tank. You could take the line off at the tank and run it into a can. If still high, mark and back the regulator down.

When the pump is running be sure fuel is going back to the tank. You could take the line off at the tank and run it into a can. If still high, mark and back the regulator down.
Had to add fuel nipple to tank for return. Regulator now is at 42/43. Works great no leaks. Can't get a tune. Handheld just blinks. Can't seem to rebut. Bypassed long cord and still doesn't boot up. All hooked up and can't get a tune.

Had to add fuel nipple to tank for return. Regulator now is at 42/43. Works great no leaks. Can't get a tune. Handheld just blinks. Can't seem to rebut. Bypassed long cord and still doesn't boot up. All hooked up and can't get a tune.
You previously said you had that taken care of in post 7

I called and spoke with fast. Didn't get much help besides getting in touch with warranty. After fuel issues I tried to fire up handheld, it just blinked. Thought it needed rebooted as tech suggested on the first call. I actually saw a video on YouTube where a guy had a plug in the port on handheld hooked to lighter. So I tried it and damn if it didn't boot up and smiles came.
Entered questions and tried to start when prompted. Not firing, no spark. It's a 1972 satellite looks very stock as ignition goes and had great spark before swap. Didn't mess with any of that. Only wire hooked up different is RPM module to coil. Where's my spark?
PXL_20231010_224324013.jpg

PXL_20231010_224306043.jpg

PXL_20231010_224343314.jpg

PXL_20231010_224335306.jpg

Looks like a disaster to me. I dont know where to start.

Have you correctly installed the O2 sensor on the exhaust pipe?

Also, have you installed a clean supply - positive and ground to the battery from the FAST unit?

Have you correctly installed the O2 sensor on the exhaust pipe?

Also, have you installed a clean supply - positive and ground to the battery from the FAST unit?
Yes on o2. I had it done first and is now hooked up. I'm concentrating on 12 volt switched wire.

Remove the tach signal wire you attached to the coil and then see if you have spark.
It needs a signal and that white wire comes from the RPM Module. With this type of ignition it calls for it.

PXL_20231010_224343314.jpg

PXL_20231010_224335306.jpg

I'm concentrating on 12 volt switched wire.
Make sure that the Ignition wire - the one that powers up the EFI unit - is powered in both "Ignition ON" and "Crank" otherwise it won't work.

Easiest fix for that is to link the two terminals behind the ignition switch if you've not already done that.
This overcomes the wiring removed because you don't need a ballast resistor.

I ran into a problem when I put a Holley HP system into my 70 Challenger, as mentioned you need power during crank and run which you get from the blue and brown wires (IGN 1 and 2 as I recall) coming from ignition switch. In my case it would fire but not run.

However if you are not getting any spark then there is some other issue.

Auto Transport Service
Back