• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fave charger model year?

Best Charger model?

• Those 80's front drivers

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I PREFER and voted on the 68 - 70 as well but am planning on picking up a newer charger for my daily driver. as for the comment

"To me, the new 4 door Chargers should not even be compared to the older 2 doors regardless of power etc. 4 door cars and 2 doors simply are not in the same class"

the other two desireable 68-70 b body styles DID have four door option (coronet, satelite) that being said i hated the idea of the 4 door chargers when they came out but now they've grown on me

Believe it or not 1973 was the high sales year of Chargers.

66 was very good, 67 was awful, 68 was GREAT, but dropped off every year until 73, then WHAM record for chargers.

I guess 73 was just a good year for Chrysler in general. How many 73 Dusters, RoadRunners, Swingers, Challengers, etc do you commonly see?

I see a lot more than other years.

That's funny man cause it is really evident.

I would've had a tougher choice selecting "66-67" if the options had included the '98 Charger concept car that looked for all the world like a 2-door but was actually a 4-door. Remember it? Metallic orange, ran on natural gas, drew huge crowds wherever they showed it? And instead we got this cartoon-styled hunka junk. Sad.

Best looking has to be the 68-70 I have owned a 66,69,72,75 and loved them all. When the 75 came out I thought they ruined the thing, but after a few years it grew on me much like the Charger of now.........

I PREFER and voted on the 68 - 70 as well but am planning on picking up a newer charger for my daily driver. as for the comment

"To me, the new 4 door Chargers should not even be compared to the older 2 doors regardless of power etc. 4 door cars and 2 doors simply are not in the same class"

the other two desireable 68-70 b body styles DID have four door option (coronet, satelite) that being said i hated the idea of the 4 door chargers when they came out but now they've grown on me

Yeah, but were talking about what people LIKE and what is desirable today. Not dissing the 4 door owners but this hobby is really about what was popular with the gearhead of the day and they would not be caught dead in a 4 door. There was nothing sporty about a 4 door. A 4 door was something that your parents and grandparents drove.

I own a 70 my personal favorite, but 71 is a very close 2nd. If I can ever talk my wife into a 3rd gen I'll be all over it.

My favorite year charger would be a 71

Attachments

• 1971_Dodge_Charger_RT_1971_img_10858.jpg
    1971_Dodge_Charger_RT_1971_img_10858.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 212
I would have to go with the '68. Love the taillights and the front grill. Ever since I saw Bullitt when I was a kid, I had to have one. The 68-70 were all good cars, then the 71-74 would be my next choice. I did have a second generation '73 Road Runner back in the day in high school, sold it shortly after, I still regret it. The latest generation, forget it, no offense to anyone who has one, but I would not. The new Challengers, a different story.

1969, Hey I am partial!! I have owned a bunch of 71-74 Chargers but have always dreamed of owning a 1969 Charger (Watched far too much Dukes as a kid!) SO now I finally have one that I am turning into a General Lee, But I love all Chargers my Dad had a new one in 1973 and the wife drives a 2006 and yes the 2005-up are four door Coronets!!!!! I really like it though drives nice and very roomy!! I love em' all

'66 becuase I own one. The '66's had enough differences from the '67's to make them more unique. Not a fan of the short center consoles and turn signals on the fenders.
The 66-67 hideaway headlamps, dashes, and full width tail lamps gets it for me.

Auto Transport Service
Back