• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

favorite oil filters?

favorite oil filter?

• Wix

Votes: 137 51.3%
  • Mopar Performance

Votes: 30 11.2%
  • Fram

Votes: 52 19.5%
  • Purolator

Votes: 17 6.4%
  • Pennzoil

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Other

Votes: 45 16.9%

• Total voters
Wix all the way! I had problems building oil pressure when I started my freshly built 273 in my Dart. Screwed on a Wix and was good to go.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's a great comparison from A Body Joe. tmm
http://www.abodyjoe.com/Misccars/carinfo/oilfilters/oilfilters.htm

- - - Updated - - -

I order my Wix filters from these guys. I got a combination of filters for all my cars including air and cabin filters. The fuel filter for my tool truck is half the price of the same filter from Napa. tmm

http://www.filter1.com/
Click on ”Online Ordering and Quote System!”
Click on “Online Ordering & Quote System” (again) (or you can go here directly https://order.filter1.com/)
Click on the “Click Here” button for “If you are already a Filter1 customer”
Enter “moparts” for the Customer Number
Enter “moparts” for the Password (Both are case sensitive so use lower case for both)
Click on “Login”
Click on “To go to the Quick Order Form, CLICK HERE.”
Enter the WIX part number and quantity. (they also have a link to WIX so you can find the part numbers for your applications)

I understand that Car Quest and other companys use Wix filters. Also that some Wix are made in other than USA countries. My thought is- that their off shore filters are sold to those other companys. My filters are in Wix boxes and use them for all my engines. ...............................MO

K&N, with that nut welded to the end it makes removal and installation a snap! Other wise I have used WIX, FRAM, and MP. I was told to ask Mopar parts drone for the Viper filter, better media (like K&N) and it is the same size as a P8A.

I have been using the K&N filters as well. I feel they are a really good product. That nut on the end is nice too.

- - - Updated - - -

OHD, you got that right. I knew a guy who had spent years building his 340 powered Dart Sport. He had an Oberg on it, and opened the filter to have a look after his first pass. There was so much metal in it he winched it on the trailer, took it home, and pulled it down. What he found was a motor that looked just fine. No problems. So he put it back together, and proceeded to set several NMCA/NSCA records with it without problems.

I'd bet dollars to dimes that it was his valve springs and inner damper shedding. We spend a great deal of time detailing valve springs to curb this problem. Many people overlook it.

K&N on my 440 six pack never Fram eccch

I call on several filter recyclers as part of my career. K&N has the metal end caps inside but the metal case on the outside is considerably thinner than the fram. I can't squeeze a dent into a Fram HP and I can a K&N meaning a rock could probably puncture it. As far as the paper, they all look the same once they are split apart in the metal recovery process.

I use to be a Fram user until Allied Signal bought them and removed some of the filter paper and went with a plastic checkball. Now its NAPA which is Wix.

That I didn't know, on the Fram filters. Thanks!
Used Fram on all my Plymouths, 'til 70 something...when gas went to 50 cents a gallon. Started driving other stuff.
Guess I'll have to make a new pick.

Never Fram, same here saw a 20 psi oil preassure difference between fram and napa gold. I even cut them open and compared an the napa gold was buil way better. I use K&N on my wifes BMW.

Never Fram, same here saw a 20 psi oil preassure difference between fram and napa gold. I even cut them open and compared an the napa gold was buil way better. I use K&N on my wifes BMW.

My mechanic agrees with you so I am trying a GOLD over the weekend and removing the HP1, we will see what happens. The GOLD is less than half the price of the HP1.

Auto Transport Service
Back