• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

favorite oil filters?

favorite oil filter?

• Wix

Votes: 137 51.3%
  • Mopar Performance

Votes: 30 11.2%
  • Fram

Votes: 52 19.5%
  • Purolator

Votes: 17 6.4%
  • Pennzoil

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Other

Votes: 45 16.9%

• Total voters
I only use K&N's HP-3001 for my 440

I always run motorcraft/ford fl-1a. Never had any problems, and my oil pressure hold a little higher compared to fram.

I use nothing but Fleetguard on my truck.

So what is the difference between having a Filter Bypass Relief Valve and not? Some say it is what restricts flow?

Napa gold all the way, after seeing the comparison, Napa and wix are the only ones that use a spring instead of a flex plate to push up the filter in the case. I can see a flex plate loosing its strength on cheaper designs, plus less restriction on the flow it is noticeable I had a fram on my after a Napa gold and the oil pressure dropped 10 psi over all, put the Napa gold back on and back up 10 psi. For me this is a no brainier.

Last edited:
Napa gold. Wix. Racing filters are for race cars.

Fram. Orange wall of death.

So what is the difference between having a Filter Bypass Relief Valve and not? Some say it is what restricts flow?

The basic design of the bypass is if your filter gets clogged for any reason,the bypass will open so you don't loose oil pressure.When the bypass is open,NO oil is being filtered.

k&n's on my Hemi, she's got thousands of street miles and goes over 7 grand on a regular basis. even seen 7800 on two different occasions when the 4 speeds broke. reused the bearings again when i took a look inside. wouldn't run a fram on my lawn mower if it was free.

hemiaug2011008.jpg

Carquest Premium filters are also made by Wix. Wix is world known as a heavy duty commercial / industrial filter.

AC Delco. Have always used there stuff and never had any reasons to complain.

Another vote for-
K&N filters here as well.
i like the safety wire option on the nut.

Is it a fact that Wix are now made in China?

They have plants all over the world and yes they have one in China and eleven in the rest of the world

I've read that there is a great influx of Chinese made Wix filters sold here in the US. Also, a great number are manufactored in Mexico. If I buy Wix I will hope what I buy is Mexican, I think..................

Auto Transport Service
Back