• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FBBO cumulative years of Mopar knowledge, experience, passion - Post up your time

Thanks RS23V .... hope you find that picture and if anyone has some old picture of the past it would be great if you can post them up and share

If you are interested here is the current talley
70Posts2,481years and counting !

Potential mile markers to overcome

Interesting tidbit ~135 - 150 have viewed this thread and 70 have posted .. c'mon guys it's new years :)

Thanks RS23V .... hope you find that picture and if anyone has some old picture of the past it would be great if you can post them up and share

here is a snap of the car and me that got me into a whole heapa trouble :icon_mrgreen:

img072_zps7d37a233.jpg

now, before yer go sniggering too much...that was 31 summit years ago :)
I'm working on a YouTube restoration thingymawhatsit to post up here...to avoid bogging everyone's 'puter with 5 kagillion photos :headbang:

Lets see.... I bought my first mopar in 1978 ( a '66 coronet.... I still have it !! ) , so that would make it 35 years for me...

That's a cool looking white Charger Kiwi .. looking forward to you next production .. thanks TDawg you put us over

71Posts2,516years and counting !

Don.t know how I missed this post earlier!! Bought my 65 Barracuda 273 4spd in 1971 . So add another 43 years.

It's recorded in the book of Mopar Life Chicken
72Posts2,559years and counting !

My parents had my car when I was born and I always used to play in it as a kid. My parents are die hard mopar fans, they had two identical red 69 chargers around 1978. One was hit by a milk truck in North Carolina, and the other was sold. 36 years and counting.

Thanks Ronnie and kd yours experience has been added to the tome

74Posts2,638years and counting !

I'm in... Bought my first mopar when I was 14! Bought second at 16..

Add 35 years

I guess wrenching on mopars comes naturally to me. When my father was a teenager, he put a desoto 6 cylinder in an early '30s plymouth 2 door sedan. That was around the end of WW11. The first car I can remember riding in was my parents' 52 dodge meadowbrook. The first car I can remember wanting to own was a brown and white 58 dodge coronet. Boy was I suprised when my parents traded the meadowbrook for the coronet in the fall of '63. I had never said anything about liking that car. I started working on cars when I was 9 in 1966 working on the coronet. I bought my first mopar when I was 18 in 1975. That was the 68 road runner that Jeff Ashley just finished restoring. Here is a picture of that car from 1979. My sport satellite can also be seen in the picture.
sport sat_0001.jpg

Here is my sport satellite shortly after I painted it in 1996. If you count from when I bought the road runner, it has been 39 years of owning and working on mopars.

View attachment 161232

Thanks for contributing to the project XP and Albert your combined 74 years has been duly added to the combined total. I really like the photo too Albert and thanks for contributing.

76Posts2,712years and counting !

Thanks for sharing the photo Albert. It's hard to believe there was a time that our mopars were relatively mainstream. Love the old photos that remind us of the good ole days.

Plenty of folks left to add their years to the cumulative FBBO book of life experience Kiwi .. thanks for the post.. Maybe we can breath some life into the thread with all the young guns and experienced newcomers we've got posting lately :)

Ok, I'm a bit embarrassed by my lack of years as a mopar only guy. Actually, I'm new at the "car thing" been working on bikes and sleds for most of my years.
So, count me in for 3 since I bought my 69 RR in feb of '11.
Actually I own a "B" and a "c" and an "e" body at present.

Thanks brother every body's voice, experience and insight is valuable to the collective :) We all have something to offer

77Posts2,715years and counting !

Ward's Chrysler Plymouth Dealership.jpgWell here we go, My father started with Walter P. Chrysler in 1924 when he started selling Chryslers. I was born into the dealership in 1944. I worked in the dealership as soon as I could (around 14, sooner if could have after all Mopar was in my veins). I worked at sweeping floors, parts dept., line mechanic, sales and onto dealership management. I was involved in the dealership until selling out in 1976. Since then I have always been involved with Mopars. OK, you do the math, I admit I am old. I have attached a picture of the dealership sometime in the 50's. :icon_eyes:

The Budweiser Clydesdales were being kept at the dealership for a promotion. They were staying in the tent between the buildings. You will notice them in the picture (note Dalmation dog on top of wagon).
60 years?

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back