• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FBBO cumulative years of Mopar knowledge, experience, passion - Post up your time

Thanks Big Jake and Danomt .. we may make your guess yet Mar !!

60Posts2,150years and counting !

I was born into Mopar I own the Mopar that brought me home for the 1st time over 49 years ago (I have a pic of it on my Dad's hauler 12/23/1955 inside the plant where the car was built) So I guess I can claim 49 years at least

Thanks for joining in Propwash and RCAddict .. and I hope we all have many more years of twisting off bolt heads and enjoying these cars

62Posts2,203years and counting !

I first fell in love with Mopars when I was a kid watching my uncles neighbor work on his 64 fury race car. (The Undertaker)
I've been working on my own Mopars for 41 years

MoPar is in my blood. my dad was raised on them, so it just seems natural for me. I have been doing my own wrenching on my own stuff starting around 1985. I took about tens years off , but I never skipped a beat. I guess that's why terms like "posi" and "frame-off" pertaining to our mopars can get irritating lol .

My Dad always had a Dodge of some sort when I was growing up and I loved them and played with them sense I can remember. I got my first Mopar at 16 in the fall of 82. My mom handed down the 74 Dart Custom to me and my sister. Yea we had to share it. The first Mopar I could call my own was a 77 Chrysler Cordoba with a 400 Big Block with the lean burn system on it. It had Keystone Klassic wheels, and was white with a gray half vinyl top. The thing was fast after I got rid of the lean burn and put a real intake, carb and headers on it. I've never seen another Cordoba like mine again. But back to the question, lets call it 40 years.

Awesome thread. I started driving Moms 66 Polara when I got my license at 16 in 1977. Was turning wrenches way before that. At 18 Mom got a 74 dart and I got the Polara. Couldn't afford to drive it at the time so it sat for a year or so. I've had many different Mopars since that time and have always had at least one in the stable. So let's see, going to be 53 in a couple weeks so, if I done the math right, 37 years!

I liked the 68 firebirds & Camaros until I attended the 1970 summer Nationals at National Speedway.After that weekend,I knew I'd have a blown hemi someday.
ALL the fastest cars had blown hemi's!!! That when the HEMI-ITIS kicked in.Didn't become fully blown 'till about 2000/2001.

Last edited:
Thanks guys and thanks for the feedback MNBiker and the rest ... keep it rolling ! I'll post an update when I get home in a few hours

Update .. we're flirting with 2.5K but hopefully we'll be there and past soon

67Posts2,392years and counting !

Man, I woulda guessed we'd end up somewhere around 5k, but with how fast it jumped to 2.5 I think that estimate was shooting low. :thinker:

Hopefully they'll chime in when they're ready or see it .. every person who chimes in adds up

I had the Bite for Hemi's when I met Ronnie Sox in 1970 at Englishtown Raceway park, NJ. Racing at 17 on Park Avenue against a Buick GS who smoked my but the first 200 Ft. then the the Motor woke up. That was when I could only afford a stock 426 with crummy carter carburetors. I still remember that night. 40 years ago wow. My poor mother and father I drove them crazy with cars, speeding and middle of the night jaunts for parts.

Ok I'll join in. Fist car at 16 was a 69 ford Torino gt in 1977
bought my 70 GTX in 1979 that's my first mopar but I was wrenching on it a year before I bought it (belonged to a close friend) still have it.
Only other notable mopar I owned was a 1970 charger r/t 440+6 track pack for about 10 years.
So I guess about 35 years for Mopars and me so far......... Still learning.

I'd love to add to your count but unfortunately for me it took yeeeeeeeeeeeears of driving the non preferred makes before I found what I wanted and have owned it ten years (waiting restoration). This Spring will be my welcome into the Classic Mopar family when I finish my Charger and finally roast the tires so I guess I only have a few years so far. Sorry

Thanks 440+6 I still have my first car also and I'd love to trade :) ... and the newest Golden Boy has spoken up so we are now ...

69Posts2,437years and counting !

guess which is my favorite number LOL

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, we've got cumulative years going back to the Roman empire now...:)

:HappyNewYear:

What is our next historical milestone to exceed Photon? After we hit Mar's 3K that is

Last edited:
Somewhere there's a picture of me with my brothers 68 GTX when i was 10 and i've been hooked since. Thats 44 years........ I must confess i've owned some cool GM and Ford muscle too but have have mopars all along.

Auto Transport Service
Back