• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fender tag fun.

Can you type a little more.....lol...just can’t scroll through all that....

I didn’t state it was a fraud or a liar or burn in etc......your beef on those statements is not with me. I have to clarify that because you quoted me on this post. The only thing legally considered to be a fraud if altered etc is that little plate on the dash but you and me know that’s the obvious...the other documents are part of the puzzle for originality and authenticity....any of those things and the vin tag listed if altered, missing etc affect value and the buyers and auctions have proven such......

The only cars I dismiss are the ones falsely presented as being complete.....all others are acceptable....

The service just should not be available it creates vacuum for more fraud....hence leading to vin tags made, titled and assigned a vin from dmv in the original format....It has already happened......

So if it is missing than it is gone, period....no exceptions in my opinion....
Lol....that was an answer no one here needed and it’s not impressive btw....but that was your intent was it not?

When people deviate like this from the actual subject matter truly explains what was pointed out earlier....

Do you ever have anything nice to say?

Thanks for asking. Yes, it has hardly affected us where I am. recent rain has cleared it out to the point where I notice nothing more than people burning firewood.

Good, you take care

Recent rain has cleared it out to the point where I notice nothing more than people burning firewood.

Oh FFS. Really? Have they not learned? Or am I missing something?

Not being sarcastic, just inquiring.

Okay fellas, I hope anyone reading this would do their due diligence and at least go to the Chrysler heritage site and get the IBM card /build info before they bought a classic Mopar. You cannot help if someone changes the VIN number on a car, if that happens unless you know where all the hidden partial Vin codes are you're kind of screwed.
We are blessed being Mopar owners because equipment verification is much easier than most other car makes. If we were having this discussion about a 69 Camaro I would be pissed off at people changing the cowl tag because that's absolutely the only way you can tell what the car was when it left the factory floor unless you have the protecto plate.( and fellows build sheets don't mean **** because they're way too easy to reproduce)
Let's face it if you're knowledgeable enough to understand what the codes mean on the fender tag you should have the knowledge to at least read the VIN and get some information from it.

I think we're all being a little weird about the fender tag issue. The bottom line is no one is going to fall for a doctored Fender tag when they shell out big bucks for a car. And if you are naive enough to fall for that well you know what P T Barnum said.

And to be honest with you fellas, Mopar guys are a little strange let me give you an example if one is needed. I have a 1968 Roadrunner as far as I know it's original minus a few things(power brakes) I've had guys walk across a parking lot at a show and not even look at my car and go right to that damn Fender tag and then point out that something under the hood wasn't kosher and walk away shaking their heads completely discounting the rest of the car. These are the same guys that you see driving away from the show in their minivan. You got to love it

Do you own a 1989 Dodge caravan?I think I might have seen you at a car show

View attachment 683213
Do I ever have anything nice to say?
Interesting how your initial postings were all "not nice"....Even one included a jalopy van in reference to a car you say I should own.....But I am the one with nothing nice to say.....Just look above, they are your words are they not?

BTW I fixed your last post for you with the corrector reference....

I am the one that thinks it is fraudulent to repop a tag. It has info on it just as the VIN tag on the dash.

I say we need to protect the hobby from the decietful scum that dont seem to have a problem screwing someone over for a few bucks.

A story i have relayed before on here involves a 69 Bee i went to look at several years ago. Supposed #s matching car. Long story short it was a Coronet 440 with a Bee tag and drivetrain. The guy had been taken by one of these scum that i am trying to protect people from.

I think remaking any document regarding a car and involving the VIN/SO # should be illegal.

Not yelling or screaming.
My friend....In the eyes of the law it is not fraudulent in relation to a FT or BS. The VIN tag and the door tag are a different matter.

Your second statement I completely agree with. The problem is you have people out there making these things which should not happen. Once lost it is gone forever, period! Chrysler should shut these places down but it is such a tiny entity its not worth the hassle nor expense for them.

Your statement about making it illegal...I support wholeheartedly and it should be......Sad when people come here and say its no big deal blah blah and all you, me and the others are trying to do is to protect someone from a loss....How the heck you fault people for that.....

We know each other well PP and I stand side by side with you on this.....the law stands a slightly different way and that needs to be changed....

If you looked at the fender tag or build sheet of my car you could see that my 3 spoke woodgrain steering wheel didn't come with car. Also the style of brake pedal, gas pedal and rear view inside mirror didn't come on my car. Don't know if you can tell from FT/BS if those last 3 came from the factory. I have a work order from dealer that shows that they were added the day before delivery. How are those treated?
Fran

The people I am referring to are the ones that dont have documentation. You have documentation to support those changes.....

My friend....In the eyes of the law it is not fraudulent in relation to a FT or BS. The VIN tag and the door tag are a different matter.

Your second statement I completely agree with. The problem is you have people out there making these things which should not happen. Once lost it is gone forever, period! Chrysler should shut these places down but it is such a tiny entity its not worth the hassle nor expense for them.

Your statement about making it illegal...I support wholeheartedly and it should be......Sad when people come here and say its no big deal blah blah and all you, me and the others are trying to do is to protect someone from a loss....How the heck you fault people for that.....

We know each other well PP and I stand side by side with you on this.....the law stands a slightly different way and that needs to be changed....
I know it's not a law but right is right and wrong is wrong.
If someone goes hom crying from a car show because people didnt look at their car enough or win some cheap trophy i dont think a repopped fender tag is gonna help. Maybe get some counseling and buy a trophy off of Amazon.
I have cars because i like cars. They aren't perfect and neither am i. I dont need peoples approval of what i own.

I am one of many who owns a Mopar and does not have a FT or BS of the car.
Initially i did want it to be there, but quickly learned that if it is not there, it never will be there.
Lessons learned from here, partially of people asking here about making one getting crucified for even thinking about it.
But after i reconsidered that my car actually has a matching VIN stamping on the block, which matches the partial VIN stamping on radiator support and trunk lid i am happy enough to state i own an original Coronet R/T, and that is as good as it gets.
If all options were from factory? I guess so as nothing looks altered apart from a modified radiator support to utilise a 26" radiator. (which tells me the car came without AC and/or special axle)

Thinking of the recent increase here (and other places) of questions of making FT has given me 1 single reason of doing so, which is money.
People trying to buy a "not so special" mopar, turn it into something highly collectible and try to sell it on.

I know it's not a law but right is right and wrong is wrong.
If someone goes hom crying from a car show because people didnt look at their car enough or win some cheap trophy i dont think a repopped fender tag is gonna help. Maybe get some counseling and buy a trophy off of Amazon.
I have cars because i like cars. They aren't perfect and neither am i. I dont need peoples approval of what i own.

I don’t disagree a bit.....I have clearly stated they should NOT be reproduced....but I am not the law...

As I stated I stand side by side with you on this....

Anyone who disagrees, well they don’t understand a right versus a wrong imho......

It’s all about honesty, integrity and moral compass...You I’ve to think of others and the Potential for a loss....

I am one of many who owns a Mopar and does not have a FT or BS of the car.
Initially i did want it to be there, but quickly learned that if it is not there, it never will be there.
Lessons learned from here, partially of people asking here about making one getting crucified for even thinking about it.
But after i reconsidered that my car actually has a matching VIN stamping on the block, which matches the partial VIN stamping on radiator support and trunk lid i am happy enough to state i own an original Coronet R/T, and that is as good as it gets.
If all options were from factory? I guess so as nothing looks altered apart from a modified radiator support to utilise a 26" radiator. (which tells me the car came without AC and/or special axle)

Thinking of the recent increase here (and other places) of questions of making FT has given me 1 single reason of doing so, which is money.
People trying to buy a "not so special" mopar, turn it into something highly collectible and try to sell it on.
The single most important thing is you have a matching numbers Coronet RT. Not all cars got a BS and especially from certain plants. A missing FT is what it is......

As you noted when the option is available and accessible people will take it because it equalss to $$$....

Aome of us including myself cherry picked cars that were high end and had everything. I missed out on so many because of the lack of things. Either we preserve and protect history/originality or we just should call us dynacorn Mopar.......

Fraud and deception is in every hobby and the root is greed....

My car is an LA plant car, so there was likely never a chance of finding a build sheet in the first place.
Fender tag and VIN tag are removed when registered here in the Netherlands and the VIN is hand stamped in the fender.
As per law here, a removable VIN tag is not allowed as it could increase the ease of fraud.
Anyway, fraud happened a lot here with importing USA cars in the 80's and 90's.

My car is an LA plant car, so there was likely never a chance of finding a build sheet in the first place.
Fender tag and VIN tag are removed when registered here in the Netherlands and the VIN is hand stamped in the fender.
As per law here, a removable VIN tag is not allowed as it could increase the ease of fraud.
Anyway, fraud happened a lot here with importing USA cars in the 80's and 90's.
Yeap...LA and LR were notorious to trash them...Known information....

A good law to have......

Auto Transport Service
Back