• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

fender tag help

hacksaw

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:27 AM
Reaction score
ok .. i don't know why i can't wrap my brain around this. i have run it thro all the links ya have got on here but keeps coming up with unknown on 1/2 of it.
only thing i know for sure is ... its a pink V8 car with purple guts. so if ya don't mind . help me out here a bit. ... thanks
IMG_20231112_112436 (1).jpg

Last edited:
How do you come up with a purple car with pink guts from that tag?

How do you come up with a purple car with pink guts from that tag?
read that again ... lol
TT1 in pink single tone paint
803 is the purple guts .. and the guts are purple in the car....

The 3rd and 4th digits of your VIN would be a good start.
the vin i got figures out not hard to identify a 62 dart ..lol
5) dodge dart V8
5) dart 440 wagon
2) year 62
2)Hamtramck, MI
154xxx

now .. i have found that the MI plant didn't code everything.
as for the trim 803. im sure it will be per the model .. but im coming up with (8) bench in a dodge (0) no clue. thinking it should be a 5. (3) is Cocoa/Beige. maby its age but looks like 2 tone purple to me with the beige dash and lower door panels

Last edited:
read that again ... lol
TT1 in pink single tone paint
803 is the purple guts .. and the guts are purple in the car....

Not sure of the sources or what has been done to the car over the years but for 1962:

Paint code T is a coral gray/beige/sandstone color.
Interior 803 in a Dodge is a vinyl bench seat with cocoa or cocoa/beige color scheme depending on application.

Screenshot 2024-02-19 at 2.50.42 PM.png

Not sure of the sources or what has been done to the car over the years but for 1962:

Paint code T is a coral gray/beige/sandstone color.
Interior 803 in a Dodge is a vinyl bench seat with cocoa or cocoa/beige color scheme depending on application.

View attachment 1612394
TT1 is the paint code... and in the spots with no sun damage. under the hood and jams .... its pink what im finding its called buff LOL. pics on phone don't show it well but this thing has been pink from day 1.

Then it would code 99 for a non standard color.
LL = Buff, Buff is a very pale light pink.... Follow the link & go to the bottom row....

Then someone at the factory made a bobo. It will be at Carlisle. Come see it... It's pink...

here ya go .... Dodge buff ... also known as sandstone on a Plymouth
... if that ain't pink.... and in real life ... its more pink than the paint chips.

but im more after the rest of the codes. engine and so forth. if im right. its power brakes heater/defrost light package. power rear glass it dose have a light for the parking brake and backup lights. but im coming up with differnt stuff depending where i look. i know how to read it but with the plant it was built at not doing things that others did don't help. with the heavy spring pack and the sure grip in guessing it had a tow package but that came with 11 in brakes if i remember right and the 3/4 core rad. the rag that came with it has the right numbers on it and is the right size but is a 2 core? .. just looking for something solid.
1962_Dodge.jpg
1962-plymouth-pc.jpg

Last edited:
T-L-L-T What ever you say LT.... :lol:

Last edited:
not really. i got thick skin i know what on it.... but who is LT?? lol
Well, since the paint codes were LL & TT I jokingly combined them to LT... Which could be lieutenant, Could be Lawrence Taylor... Hell it could be Large Tits... What ever it means it was meant to be humorous.... Hence the :lol:... So hopefully your amused & not grumpy...

Auto Transport Service
Back