• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

fender tag help

Well, since the paint codes were LL & TT I jokingly combined them to LT... Which could be lieutenant, Could be Lawrence Taylor... Hell it could be Large Tits... What ever it means it was meant to be humorous.... Hence the :lol:... So hopefully your amused & not grumpy...
Naw... I got thick skin. Kinda have to with this bunch.....

I have very limited info on 1962 Hamtramck tags. All I have is auto trans, and no engine code which means standard engine, which would be a 318 poly I would think.

I have very limited info on 1962 Hamtramck tags. All I have is auto trans, and no engine code which means standard engine, which would be a 318 poly I would think.
Thats what I thunk too with the 0418. Seen someplace that was a poly code. When I can get to my core pile... Think il see if the trans I took out is the same bell as the push button BB case I just bought. Im sure the one I took out is original to the car but didn't look for the numbers on the pan rail ...

Last edited:
The trans part number, sequence number and casting date would tell the year. If it is 1962 then it is probably original.

The trans part number, sequence number and casting date would tell the year. If it is 1962 then it is probably original.
cables don't look like that ever been touched.... speedo or shifters. had to chip away the caked on crud ...lol

0418 tells us the Scheduled Assembly Date of April (04) 18th
see.. thats why i ask.... someplace i was reading said 041 was a poly. wait ... 4/18 is my dads birthday ...lol
trivia question for yall .. why is the vin backwards???

Last edited:
Code "T" sure looks like it could be called "pink", to me.

Auto Transport Service
Back