• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Finally Bought My Dream Car. 1969 Roadrunner Project

Test fitting the front Rad Support before welding it in. Looking back on this thread I can see how many times I've changed my mind on what I was doing. Learned a lot since I first bought this car!
oqekMjX.jpg
nJnZo9c.jpg
lEXDSzO.jpg
I've probably taken these fenders off 10 times to check fitment. I'm still worried I'm gonna miss something and end up screwing myself over. But everything seems to check out. I've noticed the fenders allow for A LOT of adjustment so that makes me feel a little better

Drove 2 hours to a Mopar junkyard today(Mostly mopar)...
Got this prime Manual Steering Column and wheel. No Need to rebuild the column it's in perfect shape.
UEQhqoo.jpg
Grabbed the Manual Box it was connected to. No Slop also in great condition
U4kKj94.jpg
They were about to put a motor in the car I took the parts from so that it was driveable. They said if I came an hour later I wouldnt of been able to score all these parts. Kind of felt bad for the poor car hahaha. Had a nice dash with the tach and everything.
(2nd car from the left)
tKCx8iY.jpg
A real V-Code car
IdRxcU4.jpg
340 Car
LJTiYk3.jpg
They're where 140 Cars there mostly mopars.

Last edited:
Cool yard! I like what you said above, "I've probably taken these fenders off 10 times to check fitment. I'm still worried I'm gonna miss something and end up screwing myself over." I did the same thing before welding in the rear rails on mine, must have been a month or more before i said to myself now's the time... LOL. Are we nuts? or just want and need things "right?" My best guess is getting them right and trying to make sure of just that, I think you must be pleased and i know i am! lots more to do and now i cant let myself get a big head thinking i got "those right, i cant possibly screw this up" Nope, ill think things over, and over and then get the level, measuring tape, ect lol. Whatever it takes to make it right! keep up your good work, its showing!!!...

Did you end up using that front clip you bought?
Progress is progress, keep up the good work.

Inner Fenders and Core support fully welded in. Running low on gas for my welder so just in time. But now I gotta wait to weld in the cowl.
pzd59bg.jpg

steve that looks great!you are doing a super job on bringing that car back.

So I almost had my hands on a A12 style hood but the damn guy flaked on me. Waited an hour for him at the gas station we where suppose to meet up at, he didn't show, and his phone has been off all day. I am going to buy some wheels tomorrow. Found a pair of 15x10 Old Ansen slots. Now I just need to get my hands on some 15x3.5's or 15x4.5's....Missed a pair of skinny's by $5 on e-bay.

I'm thinking now that it might get it's original color back. Also turns out the guy didn't flake on me. He got arrested and his truck impounded while he was on his way to drop the hood....Picked it up today!...Guess what was sitting in his backyard
IMG_0818.jpgIMG_0819.jpgIMG_0820.jpgIMG_0821.jpgIMG_0822.jpgIMG_0825.jpg
Also Grabbed these today. Some Ansens for the rear!
photo 1.jpg
Which will go nice with these
photo 2 (1).jpg
...Some pictures of the hood. Needs a little work but nothing to crazy. Little warpage from leaning on a wall for a long time
photo 3.jpgphoto 4 (1).jpg

IMO there isn't a better looking hood for a '69 Runner. Nice work, good to see the "next generation" still working on musclecars.

Auto Transport Service
Back