• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Finally Bought My Dream Car. 1969 Roadrunner Project

Neato Stevo! Have fun with your car. Looks like you're off to a great start. You can't go wrong with a '69 RR - great car.

Nothing to glorious today. After work feeling a little burnt but still wanted to take a step forward. These sills have been pissing me off for a little while (Tripping over them getting in n out). So I decided they gotta go. Stupid screws where stripped out so I had to use my drill and extractor to remove em. Easy work but I like to do atleast one thing a day Tomorrow will be a little more productive.
photo48j.jpg
photo49fn.jpg
photo50xg.jpg
I'm a glazier by trade. But have been putting up some flashing. Hopefully I can get my body panels to line up as good as my flashing I tempted up and cut today. Multiple straight pieces on a radius wall
photo51o.jpg

Also cleaned all the parts I had laying in the trunk. Just tons of trim and interior pieces which I moved into a space in the house.
Only cancer in the trunk is in the deep valley of the trunk pan.
photo53a.jpg
photo55o.jpg
Also kind of double checked around for a broadcast sheet. Really bummed on missing that sheet and the fender tag. Been trying to get in contact with all the previous owners trying to somewhat trace it back. The owner of surf city garage owned this car as a parts car. Wish he would get back to me.

Someone at some time after the crash swapped in a 318/904. It's going to be pulled out and sold. But I'm curious as to what it came out of, All I know is it is a premium fuel 318 according to part of the numbers on the block
photo56s.jpg
photo57o.jpg
photo58ra.jpg
engff.jpg
pm318p 31920754

- - - Updated - - -

Oh...and I took all the front end sheetmetal off ;p
photo59af.jpg

Posted all my front end sheetmetal on craigslist if anyone was interested. I'm going with new metal upfront so no need for it. Sattelite hood definitely has no use on my car so its all going. Also the engine

Congrats on you find Stevo. I also recently found and bought my dream car as well, a 69 Roadrunner. I was restoring another and gave up when I bought the other one . If your interested, pm me. I have all brand new amd metal that I would sell you less than cost . I have 2 new door, 2 new fenders, 2 new full quarter panels, new Roadrunner hood, trunk rails and floors. New wheel wells both sides inner and outter. New rear crossmember and tail light buckets, I also have a new floor, front and rear that I installed in the car and front upper cowl but next weekend I am cutting those parts back out and getting anything else I need off the car. Then the car goes to the crusher. I also built a 383 all new sitting on an engine stand with no home. If there is anything you or any other members want dont hesitate to pm me. Good luck on your journey with your sweet Roadrunner.

Congrats on you find Stevo. I also recently found and bought my dream car as well, a 69 Roadrunner. I was restoring another and gave up when I bought the other one . If your interested, pm me. I have all brand new amd metal that I would sell you less than cost . I have 2 new door, 2 new fenders, 2 new full quarter panels, new Roadrunner hood, trunk rails and floors. New wheel wells both sides inner and outter. New rear crossmember and tail light buckets, I also have a new floor, front and rear that I installed in the car and front upper cowl but next weekend I am cutting those parts back out and getting anything else I need off the car. Then the car goes to the crusher. I also built a 383 all new sitting on an engine stand with no home. If there is anything you or any other members want dont hesitate to pm me. Good luck on your journey with your sweet Roadrunner.
I'll definitely have to look into that. Still trying to sell a couple of my dirt bikes to put more towards the runner.

off to a good start on a nice project, keep at it, one thing at a time, Im at 3 and a half years now on mine closer each day..best wishes!

Congrats on getting your RR.I see in one of your first photo's that your cat likes it to shade from the sun.Looks like yours is also the same color green as my other RR.Good luck and i'll be watching your progress.

Congrats on getting your RR.I see in one of your first photo's that your cat likes it to shade from the sun.Looks like yours is also the same color green as my other RR.Good luck and i'll be watching your progress.
Yeah haha. I hate leaving the car outside but the house I'm currently living in with my friend has no garage. But we will be moving to a nice big house with a big garage out in the boonies later sometime this year where the car will get a nice garage to stay in.

Welcome, nice to see you following in your dads footsteps.

Yeah haha. I hate leaving the car outside but the house I'm currently living in with my friend has no garage. But we will be moving to a nice big house with a big garage out in the boonies later sometime this year where the car will get a nice garage to stay in.

Steveo ,i really enjoy how you are keeping us updated on your project.and also how younger people are carrying on the old car tradition
Paul

Steveo ,i really enjoy how you are keeping us updated on your project.and also how younger people are carrying on the old car tradition
Paul
Thank you. I like taking to many pictures so it works out. Did some more cleaning up on the interior today but cut it short early to get some burritos with the gf
photo6ew.jpg

Well my rust bullet came in today. But the UPS guy really screwed me on time. Got home and checked my email and said it was delivered. So I looked all over my house and asked everyone if they grabbed it. Turns out they delivered it to my neighbor!. Idiots how hard is it to do your only job! :angryfire: So it was to moist/cold to do any work on the car by the time I found it. Busy for the rest of the week so it looks like I'll be getting the interior floors and roof painted on the upcoming 3 day weekend. Really looking forward to moving back to a place with a garage.

this car looks familiar...........:eusa_think:
nice job young man. be sure to share these new pics over on the runner site!

Very cool.....great find!!! good to see they still make gear heads that like that old sh!t !!! one of my favorite cars.

Last edited:
this car looks familiar...........:eusa_think:
nice job young man. be sure to share these new pics over on the runner site!
Yeah I was going to transplant all my posts over there after I got the rust bullet done on the interior ;p

Well got a little bit of time after work. Spent awhile going to clean bare metal on part of the roof of the car. Cleaned it up like crazy then painted it with some rust bullet. I'm going to go in sections then when I'm done rhino line it.
photoipr.jpg

photoipr.jpg

How you liking that Rust Bullet Stevo? You painted silver for the next week and high as a kite? LOL. It's pretty good stuff and I use it as well. I'm sure you've noticed, it's tough as nails. Be sure to scuff it up well before you go applying the bed liner. Looking good man.

Auto Transport Service
Back