• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Finally found 1 but how much is it worth today

To answer my own question. This was today April 29, 2023 for a local auction that was also on proxibid (online)

Screenshot_20230429_103350_Chrome.jpg

Since I already own a 68 RT I'm loving the high prices but for someone on the hunt it's gotta suck looking at these prices. I've seen rolling buckets of **** less engine/trans. going for crazy money. Just looking at the pics I have to agree with most here 25 to 30 may get you the car but you never know with some of these sellers. If you want it bad enough you'll do what you gotta do to get the deal done. Good Luck Brother :thumbsup:

I have a alright looking 67 valiant with slant 6, I'm going to see if he will take it and cash for the 68, since he loves trades. I guess to justify or feel that he is getting something out of it

20230502_163610.jpg

Friend of mine just sold his 1969 Charger RT , 440 auto, factory air car.

Was a solid driver quality car. Been color changed and I dont think had the numbers drivetrain. Right around 80k

Friend of mine just sold his 1969 Charger RT , 440 auto, factory air car.

Was a solid driver quality car. Been color changed and I dont think had the numbers drivetrain. Right around 80k
I know the prices have gone up on everything, that is crazy. Just like the old dodge trucks I consider high at 1500 and needs a lot of work, when I was buying them a few years ago for 300-600

Go to $18k, then up in about $3k increments until he shows some interest. IMO, that should be about $23-$28k, although I would pay that. I may be the only person alive that doesn’t like 68-70 Chargers, even when I was younger I turned down a 68 that was for sale for $1200

Go to $18k, then up in about $3k increments until he shows some interest. IMO, that should be about $23-$28k, although I would pay that. I may be the only person alive that doesn’t like 68-70 Chargers, even when I was younger I turned down a 68 that was for sale for $1200
I suggest you seek counseling immediately! Electric shock therapy might be necessary!

I suggest you seek counseling immediately! Electric shock therapy might be necessary!
It’s all been tried, but I’m a Roadrunner man through and through. When you grew up in the seat of the baddest car in the land, nothing else will do!

1D043908-B335-4171-B497-8E5DD86909D1.jpeg

B7377CF4-928F-4CC3-9349-01CB32A839A9.jpeg

6DE71611-13E2-41A5-A245-4F08149D0352.jpeg

The 70 Road Runner got a big upgrade being given the Chargers rallye dashboard. I used to own this 70 Hemi orange V code 440 Six barrel,4 speed dana 4.10 N96 Air grabber car.

20230125_105806.jpg

I hear you,I sold my 70 Road Runner convertible project last year! My parents bought this new in 1970,it was our family car. I'm the same way with Chargers.

View attachment 1462282
Actually, since I knew early on that we were going to become friends later in life, that I should concentrate on another model and leave all the Chargers for you to find. I’m sure you must’ve picked that one up in the trailer park, and the $1200 one had long studs in the rear axle, so I’m sure it was raced a little before you picked it up. It was that gold color with a black tail stripe. Probably an R/T, but what did I know back then. I was too busy turning down that 68 GTX that had 45k mile on it for $4500, and that a12 Bee under that tree for $400.

And yes, even after all these years I still look at the house that had the Charger, just in case they pushed it in the barn, and somehow will push it out and I’ll still get it for the $1200! Could happen………

Last edited:
I had the car shipped to me from Texas. I traded cars with a member on Moparts. I traded a 69 Charger 500 for it. I had an A12 Superbee 4 speed car. I paid 5 grand for it missing the engine. I put a 70 hp 440 in it with the Sixpack on it,after driving it for two year I sold it for $8800. I thought I made a killing on it,a year after I sold the car,it was worth triple that number! I sold it because a 440 Sixpack 4 speed car with 4.88 gears will get you in a whole lot of trouble! There was no driving it slow! I figured that I would either get locked up or killed driving it!

i have owned my charger since 1970. at that time, i worked at a body shop that repaired "totals". i paid $500.00 for my car. it was hit hard in the rear, pushing the tail lights in about a foot and a half, the trunk lid popping from the latch and laying upon the roof sail panels, saving the rear window. [i wish i had taken pictures of it, and i kick my a$$ every time i think of it for not doing so !] after pulling the rails and trunk floor, [an old German guy who ran the frame machine did that, and to say he was an expert would be a huge understatement !] a new right 1/4 and used left 1/4, new tail panel and lights, plus other odds and ends, it was together. that was very late 1971 or early 1972. total cost at the time was $1268.29 [including the $500.00 i paid for the car] insurance was $529.00 a year through Nationwide. the shop foreman [whom i am friends with him and his wife to this day] painted the car 1970 [one year only] Cadillac cinnamon firemist with black stripes. finishing it off, i installed F-60 and L-60 Formula 1 Super Stock tires on chrome [with black spoke] Keystone wheels. it still wears the paint from back then, although the front fender doesn't match because another guy repaired a slight crunch several years later, and paint was difficult to mix correctly. the car has battle scars from all these years, and is now waiting for a new engine and transmission so hopefully i can beat on it some more before i croak. i am also considering new wheels, but i can't decide on original style American 5 spokes or Halibrand style big "D" window slots for the rear with small[er] window slots for the front.:drinks:

IM001661.JPG

IM001663.JPG

scan0004.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back