• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Finally found 1 but how much is it worth today

I think the owner could get $25k for it pretty easily. If you can get it for $20k or less it is better than money in the bank imo.

Now that I have restored my 69 road runner fully. Bought for 7 thou. Put at least 30K in the resto. With gas prices going up and up wonder if I can afford to drive it. Was asked what I would take for the car now and said at least 100k. That is the price I don't want to sell it. Now will I have to buy the new electric challenger or charger with batteries and an air pump through organ type mufflers to have that muscle car sound. I don't know. Will I be riding an electric motorcycle or something so I can afford to get form A to B. I hope not. But like stated they are not making these cars anymore. Have been looking to buy a charger of that era 68 to 69. Getting harder to find them in any shape. I look back at all the pain going through to restore my car and just don't know if I could do this again. Best of luck and hope you can work out a deal with the guy.

'68 is the only good year of charger and that one looks in good shape.. it's literally worth what someone will pay.. it's to that point with 68's.. he will snag 20k out of it i bet

So I already have this 66 belvedere with about 100k into it but i bought it for 2k and it is almost finished after 8 years. Also a 1990 dodge d150 with a 440. Some people say you can only drive 1 at a time, but I do love a 68 charger.

20230403_092730.jpg

Now that I have restored my 69 road runner fully. Bought for 7 thou. Put at least 30K in the resto. With gas prices going up and up wonder if I can afford to drive it. Was asked what I would take for the car now and said at least 100k. That is the price I don't want to sell it. Now will I have to buy the new electric challenger or charger with batteries and an air pump through organ type mufflers to have that muscle car sound. I don't know. Will I be riding an electric motorcycle or something so I can afford to get form A to B. I hope not. But like stated they are not making these cars anymore. Have been looking to buy a charger of that era 68 to 69. Getting harder to find them in any shape. I look back at all the pain going through to restore my car and just don't know if I could do this again. Best of luck and hope you can work out a deal with the guy.
I keep wondering when the bubble is going to burst, but it doesn't seem to be happening. Chargers see way more demand than GTXs - But look at the price of the one I used to own. Previous owner bought it on eBay in 2013 for 18K, running driving, fresh engine. Put 30K into it. Current asking price on eBay- $89K. Seems nuts, I'm glad not to be buying in this market.

So I already have this 66 belvedere with about 100k into it but i bought it for 2k and it is almost finished after 8 years. Also a 1990 dodge d150 with a 440. Some people say you can only drive 1 at a time, but I do love a 68 charger.

View attachment 1447730
I've had more than one vehicle since the mid 70's and at one time there were 12 here with 6 of them registered and running. If there was more money available there would have been more running and driving! The ones that say you can only drive 1 at a time don't get it....

So a guy I know has a 68 rt charger, he might consider selling. I have done several vehicle swaps and other deals with him. But curious to what yall think this basket case is worth. He said he should have every part and piece for it and probably quite a few extras. Trunk pan has been replaced. Passenger side floor board needs repairs. Does run and drive. Believe to be factory 440 drivetrain. Seats are not original. I offered $15k cash and he didn't take it. He said he does have a title. About 11 years ago he would have taken 10k cash and i didnt bite on it. Shame on me. Hasnt moved since then. About 15 years ago it was a complete running and driving car.View attachment 1446698View attachment 1446699View attachment 1446700View attachment 1446701View attachment 1446702View attachment 1446703View attachment 1446708View attachment 1446709
Sold mine as a roller back in October for north of 40k (mind you it was a drag car but had fresh paint) will make an awesome pro street car.

21049FCD-58DB-4C92-A13F-2F91CF3D2D6C.jpeg

Had an N/A all aluminum 572 single 1150 Dommy 727 6300 stall converter,4.56 gear all steel except the hood had all original glass as well
Weighed 3010lbs race ready
Ran 8.80s all day
Cool beans and love it!!

View attachment 1447730
$100k in it!!
Is it an original hemi car?
That's a lot of coin and it's not yet finished either.

$100k in it!!
Is it an original hemi car?
That's a lot of coin and it's not yet finished either.
No it's an original slant 6 car. But I redid everything on it and it is all new. Best of the best of everything

I keep wondering when the bubble is going to burst, but it doesn't seem to be happening. Chargers see way more demand than GTXs - But look at the price of the one I used to own. Previous owner bought it on eBay in 2013 for 18K, running driving, fresh engine. Put 30K into it. Current asking price on eBay- $89K. Seems nuts, I'm glad not to be buying in this market.
There is no bubble. Those are the prices and they’ll only keep going up because everyone caught on and wants one.

All these shows that build a car in 30 minutes or less seem to make everyone think that building a car is cool and fun and you can do it on the weekend

The only way I could see a slight drop and I’m not talking about 50% off, I’m talking about a slight drop maybe like 20 to 30% would be of Dyna corn started producing 68 charger bodies but you gotta remember that those body are a shell that sell anywhere from 15 to 20 grand and it’s just a shell no even one bolt or screw .

There is no bubble. Those are the prices and they’ll only keep going up because everyone caught on and wants one.

All these shows that build a car in 30 minutes or less seem to make everyone think that building a car is cool and fun and you can do it on the weekend

The only way I could see a slight drop and I’m not talking about 50% off, I’m talking about a slight drop maybe like 20 to 30% would be of Dyna corn started producing 68 charger bodies but you gotta remember that those body are a shell that sell anywhere from 15 to 20 grand and it’s just a shell no even one bolt or screw .
It has taken me 8 years to build my 66 belvedere and almost 100k. It's not perfect but I built it how I wanted. Sometimes just a a hour a day and other times was 12hour days for weeks. Also taken a few months off and not touching it. It takes knowledge and patience. From doing the headliner myself to welding frame connectors and torque boxes in. I know it is cheaper to buy one already done for sure.

100 grand ain’t what it used to be. If you look at Mecum and Bring A Trailer, 100 grand seems to be a lowball bid.

Chump change to some, and a life savings to others. It’s all relative.

If I’m buying I want a deal of the century. And if I’m selling, well you better have some deep pockets!!

I don't mean this disrespectfully but if you have the funds/are the type to spend $100k on a slant 6 Belvedere, then the initial purchase price becomes a little less relevant.
Assuming you are going to do a similar top quality job on the Charger, you'll be spending $150k plus at today's prices, so if the purchase price varies by $10k or $20k it's not that big of a deal (compared for instance to someone with a budget of $50k for a finished car).

Auto Transport Service
Back