• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Finally...........

3rd from the bottom pic...........I don't know why the floor carpet came so short under the dash but I do have extra that I will have to pc. in or overlap a pc.

Hey Jeff in my last picture you will see how I ran a pc. of piping around inside of the back quarter window to finish off that transition between headliner and the opening but it doesn't fit in all the way around.

How did you finish off that area on your car interior. I'm going to post another pic that shows it better.

Interiorinstallation004.gif

I was looking for a 63' 330 for a few years and ended up buying a 64' 440 post car out of louisiana about 6 months ago. I got so into the old mopars as all my friends race them in NHRA A/SA. I race a 69 barracuda in NHRA E/SA. Anyways I felt like I settled and wasnt happy with the car, but I put some old school firestone tires on the front, put some Hurst cheater slicks on the back, and the main thing I did to make myself happy with the car was made new trim for the front fenders. I didnt like the forks on the fender, no offense to anyone, but they just were too much for me. So I welded the holes and made the small inner C out of billet stainess plate. I cut and contoured, radiused, polished and then welded studs on the back. It bolted up just like the original and when I was all done, it looks great, like its suppose to be that way. I also shortened up the spear on the bottom about 5" . It was a lot of work, had to spot paint the fenders, the inside of the trim, take off the bumber to get to all the bolts, it was basicly a winter project for a small peice of trim, but now im really happy with the car. I feel I got the best of both worlds between the 330 and the 440, and now I dont feel like I settled on the car. I love the old post cars, your black 64' is beautiful.

Mark Lelchook
Performance Welding
Racing Headers

Joe- here are a couple shots. The trim you are using is for the front door opening on the inside, but the rear windows have a special rubber piece that is molded to fit that shape. Overall it is smaller and fits into the channel as you will see below.

Also my carpet came up a little short but not that short. This is before the firewall insulation was in I think.

Attachments

• IMG_4821.JPG
    IMG_4821.JPG
    82.4 KB · Views: 302
  • IMG_4822.JPG
    IMG_4822.JPG
    97.3 KB · Views: 324
  • dodge-048.jpg
    dodge-048.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 302
I was looking for a 63' 330 for a few years and ended up buying a 64' 440 post car out of louisiana about 6 months ago. I got so into the old mopars as all my friends race them in NHRA A/SA. I race a 69 barracuda in NHRA E/SA. Anyways I felt like I settled and wasnt happy with the car, but I put some old school firestone tires on the front, put some Hurst cheater slicks on the back, and the main thing I did to make myself happy with the car was made new trim for the front fenders. I didnt like the forks on the fender, no offense to anyone, but they just were too much for me. So I welded the holes and made the small inner C out of billet stainess plate. I cut and contoured, radiused, polished and then welded studs on the back. It bolted up just like the original and when I was all done, it looks great, like its suppose to be that way. I also shortened up the spear on the bottom about 5" . It was a lot of work, had to spot paint the fenders, the inside of the trim, take off the bumber to get to all the bolts, it was basicly a winter project for a small peice of trim, but now im really happy with the car. I feel I got the best of both worlds between the 330 and the 440, and now I dont feel like I settled on the car. I love the old post cars, your black 64' is beautiful.

Mark Lelchook
Performance Welding
Racing Headers

Sounds nice Mark , post some pictures when you get a chance, I'd like to see it.

here are a few shots of my 64'

Mark Lelchook

Attachments

• pro stock headers 017.jpg
    pro stock headers 017.jpg
    182.7 KB · Views: 317
  • pro stock headers 010.jpg
    pro stock headers 010.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 320
  • pro stock headers 012.jpg
    pro stock headers 012.jpg
    196.2 KB · Views: 304
Mark looks like a nice solid car you have there. I sort of like the fancier trim on the 440, of course I may think differently once I have to start cleaning it. LOL.

I do like the original forks on the 440 trim, but gotta remember I like the 330 better, so this suits my taste better. It was a lot of work to make that part and it finally made me happy with the car. It has a 440 in it with a cross ram. It still has the push button trans that I had Pro trans do up with a manual valve body and a 10" 3500 stall convertor. Im gonna race it here and there but as I have a NHRA Stocker it willl be just for fun every once in a while. When I get a chance, im gonna make a set of old school style tri-y headers for it. Ive been looking at old pictures of race cars and saving them for referance. Still havent decided on exactly what im gonna do, I dont really want to cut a big hole in the fenderwell.

Mark Lelchook
Performance Welding
Racing Headers

Went to another cruise night a couple of towns away. Ended up only taking a pic of my own car cause many were the same cars from last week.

008-3.jpg

Are those the new firestones I see on the back? How do they fit? They sure look nice.

Congratulations on a very nice car. I always enjoy threads like this showing the progress. Enjoy your car!

Yep, you managed to yet again peg my lealousy meter, lol, looking good Joe.

Are those the new firestones I see on the back? How do they fit? They sure look nice.

Jeff they fit great. I'm gad I exchanged the M/T's and got these instead. There's plenty of room on each side...........all that worrying for nothing. LOL

Yep, you managed to yet again peg my lealousy meter, lol, looking good Joe.

Hey Zack............:tongue:

Sorry I couldn't resist.

In all seriousness when I have to go out to work every day during the winter and see this car all covered up, it's going to kill me. LOL

You'll be cruisin down the local strip taking it all in....I'll be shoveling snow.

I know................it's called payback. :D

How you doing with your car? Need update.

Congratulations on a very nice car. I always enjoy threads like this showing the progress. Enjoy your car!

Thanks Risbee. I've learned so much about these cars just by reading and looking at what other people have gone through and posted.

Auto Transport Service
Back