• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Finally...........

Some updated pictures taken at a park we stopped at on the way to a car show.

July22011006.jpg

July22011009.jpg

July22011005.jpg

July22011004.jpg

July22011001.jpg

Real nice Joe, i can see why you could get first place! Beautiful car.

Real nice Joe, i can see why you could get first place! Beautiful car.

Thanks Ron.

I really want to neaten up the engine bay ( plug wires ) and what ever else I can.

If anyone has any suggestions I'm totally listening.

Damn! That black paint came out great. I never get tired of seeing pics of your car.

For the engine compartment clean up, I'd suggest taping the harnesses with the correct tape & getting the correct battery hold down bracket. Also your battery is technically in backwards... the positive cable should be at the front. There is a radiator to core support seal that you could throw on there. Other than those nitpicks I am having trouble finding anything about the car that I don't like.

battery.jpg

IMG_7298nn.jpg

Damn! That black paint came out great. I never get tired of seeing pics of your car.

For the engine compartment clean up, I'd suggest taping the harnesses with the correct tape & getting the correct battery hold down bracket. Also your battery is technically in backwards... the positive cable should be at the front. There is a radiator to core support seal that you could throw on there. Other than those nitpicks I am having trouble finding anything about the car that I don't like.

battery.jpg

IMG_7298nn.jpg

Hey Jeff it looks like in the 2 pictures here that your battery is in different positions.

Also where did you get the radiator to core support seal?

The way the battery is in my car is the way it was when I bought it and although I wouldn't mind turning it around, if the pos. cable is to short to reach it with the pos. position up front then it will stay that way cause there's no way I want to fiddle trying to get my hands back up to remove it from the starter. No way, not now anyhow.

What do you mean by the correct tape for the harness?

Thanks for your comments though. I also want to neaten up the plug wires, they look like spaghetti under there.

Really, really nice car, Joe. The balck paint is beautiful and the wheels are perfect. Congrats, you did a great job.

Nevermind about the battery comment. Yours is in right. Someone made the same comment to me because mine was in wrong. Pos cable does go in back.

The correct tape thing was mostly a suggestion about bundling the aftermarket wires into the stock harness for a cleaner look. The tape can fe found many places but it's not that different than regular black electrical tape, unless yours has the cloth tape which is also available.

Looks like classic industries has the radiator seal part number MB1177 or MB1178. There is a narrow or wide version. I think mine is the wide.

Organizing the plug wires would prob make a big difference too.

The radiator seal is available from

I think the gold stripe would look nice. Very good looking car, If my 64 looks half as nice when done I will be happy. I will be going back factory color, only because that just so happens to be what I wanted. White, with red between the trim and red int. bench seat. But I am changing to a 4 speed. Something about a bench seat with a 4 speed really makes me happy. And mine is a coupe, but I wish I had a sedan like yours. But, I just about stole mine at the price I paid so I can deal with it.

it just keeps looking better and better ! Ron

Auto Transport Service
Back