• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Firecore 50 Spark Plug Wires Review

Sweet5ltr

Local time
6:46 PM
Reaction score
Purchased Firecore 50 spark plug wires a week prior to Christmas, long story short-two months, incorrect plug boots on first set with no heat shields, they made everything right, and I just placed them on the car today after getting my corrected set last Friday. I purchased these wires for the simple reason that I have ran many of the other major brands, and all have ended up after 500 miles either A) 'jumping' spark B) 'jumping' spark C) 'jumping' spark... I finally put my foot down and ordered the Custom set, to my lengths, etc. for $150 shipped and was done with it. My initial impressions are great, the quality is second to none and the wires have a very solid connection on the plugs and cap (along with high quality boots). Running the car in the garage, it feels MUCH MUCH more responsive and crisper than it ever has before. I even asked my father to 'rev it a little' and see what he thought, and he felt the same way, and that is saying a lot.

Rick and his wife have excellent customer service, and I would recommend Firecore 50 wires to anyone looking for an honest, high quality wire from a reputable American company.

I am driving the car today, and will post my thoughts about the road test after... :3gears:

Yep, they have a great reputation and I'm glad, though not surprised, they were able to help you.

Purchased Firecore 50 spark plug wires a week prior to Christmas, long story short-two months, incorrect plug boots on first set with no heat shields, they made everything right, and I just placed them on the car today after getting my corrected set last Friday. I purchased these wires for the simple reason that I have ran many of the other major brands, and all have ended up after 500 miles either A) 'jumping' spark B) 'jumping' spark C) 'jumping' spark... I finally put my foot down and ordered the Custom set, to my lengths, etc. for $150 shipped and was done with it. My initial impressions are great, the quality is second to none and the wires have a very solid connection on the plugs and cap (along with high quality boots). Running the car in the garage, it feels MUCH MUCH more responsive and crisper than it ever has before. I even asked my father to 'rev it a little' and see what he thought, and he felt the same way, and that is saying a lot.

Rick and his wife have excellent customer service, and I would recommend Firecore 50 wires to anyone looking for an honest, high quality wire from a reputable American company.

I am driving the car today, and will post my thoughts about the road test after... :3gears:

Let us know after 500 miles.

Great wires and a great bunch of guys!

no complaints with the set he made for my hemi, whipped em up at the track and even fitted them to the car. Rick is a great guy to deal with.

Let us know after 500 miles.

Will do, because that will be a true testament to their logetivity and performance. After the first drive with the car today, wow, what a difference. Their is no comparison between any of my older sets of wires and these, the throttle response is where it should have been off the start. Right now I am happy I spent the extra dollars and purchased a quality set of wires, in 500 miles, I hope I can still say the same :headbang:

I will run nothing, but Rick's wires on my cars. I have always liked his customer service and overall attention to detail. Firecores are awesome!
Mike

totally agreed with Firecore quality and customer service

I have to add that even I made a custom set, I provided the ORIGINAL measures for a 73 and lates BB from a set I bought NOS, and they didn't charged me the custom job fee due that reason!

so any of you guys with a 73 and lates BB on stock wiring route, you know that THEY HAVE NOW the stock lenghts for stock route on these engines

shame they didn't have the 135º boots in stock ( two wires uses them )

^ I know this guy! He knows mopars electronics!
Mike

They are nice I just wish he would sell the wire in a bulk roll for us DIY guys. Rick are you hearing this brother?

Thanks very much guys. I really value your imput. I would sell it in rolls, byt most of the crimps to the stainless steel spark plug terminals need to be done by machine. And also a special tool to pull the wire and terminal through the boot without damaginging the core or terminal as well.

As far as durability, ask the Top Fuel guys that are buying them. The crew chiefs swear by Firecore50 Wires. Here is a quick list who is buyinG and running Firecore50 Wires.

Tony Schumacher, Antron Brown, Spencer Massie, Terry McMillan, Larry Dixon, T.J. Zizzo, Jack Beckman, Johnny Gray, Matt Hagan, Bob Tasca, Terry Haddock, Chris McGaha, Mark Wolfe, Greg Stanfield, Cruz Pedregon, Matt Smith, Junior Pippen, Angie Smith, and a whole lot of ProMods. The Crew Chiefs Have documented 30% more runs than what they were using before.

Thanks for the support guys. We now have Plug and Play Billet distributors and cylinder coils that work with the Mopar Electronic Ignitions. Also an ignition box similar to the MSD 6425. Thanks guys.

Last edited:
Thanks Rick! I appreciated the call back yesterday. Great Service. Got a set ordered for the grocery getter 512. :eek:ld_school:

Auto Transport Service
Back