• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Firewall help

Dusty Dude

Local time
4:31 AM
Reaction score
Need some help on exactly what I need to seal the hole in the firewall of my 69 Coronet where the Lokar throttle cable passes through. Any guidance would be appreciated.
Thanks

Thanks BeepBeepRR. Just need the cable grommet or whatever is required. No luck finding it as a individual part.

The white foam (comes in sheet form) that is used for shipping is pretty good for that use. It is similar to the OEM seal between the steering column floor plate and firewall.
Mike

Thanks Mike. I have made the steering column, accelerator pedal, and the accelerator pedal bell crank gaskets from the closed cell foam you mentioned. Worked well.

You're probably right Plumcrazy. I'll measure the hole and see if I can find a panel grommet that will work. I don't know what Chrysler used when the car was built. When I took the car apart there was nothing there to go by and also I am using a Lokar braided cable so whatever was there probably wouldn't have worked anyway.

Thanks All.

Auto Transport Service
Back