• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fixing heater control help?

Myasylum

Local time
12:03 PM
Reaction score
Ok, first off, I have a 1972 Satellite.

The heater fan never worked, and I don't think any of the vents work either that seem to be running by vacuum lines?

It did have air conditioning, but I removed it for a cleaner looking engine bay, also I have an aftermarket dash, so the larger faceplate for the Air Conditioning doesn't seem to fit properly, since the air-conditioning is removed anyway can I just simply swap to the old smaller switch that doesn't have air?

I had the wiring all redone in the car, and they said the wire for the fan was completely melted, so that explains why the fan never worked, however I see two wires connected to the fan in the engine bay, one is not connected, and not sure if that is a ground or what that is?

Another question is as to the vacuum that seems to run the vents opening and closing. How does one go about fixing that? Or is that just for Air Conditioning, and a cable just opens and closes vents? There is heat, I can feel it, just no fan, or ability to switch of heat and use vents.

Sorry so lengthy, didn't think this would get so messy.

Thanks for any advice!

Last edited:
Do you have a service manual for the car? If not you should own one. It will come in handy for your service.
Mike

I am guessing that the 2 wires for the blower are green and black. The green wire is power and connects to same color wire coming across from the bulkhead. The black is your ground. Also check to see if the blower resistor is any good. Look under the dash driver side and see if the vacuum lines are connected. Sometimes the lines get knocked off.

Auto Transport Service
Back