• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

flashers

Badvert65

Local time
9:06 PM
Reaction score
I was driving the 65 Belvedere to work today and I just realized that it did not have emergency flashers. No reverse lights either but that is obvious.
My 65 Fury didn't have Flashers either ( I did put some on from a 66 Sport Fury).
I know that my Belvedere had rubber floor mats instead of carpet, AM radio, day/night mirror, variable speed wipers.
It is slant six automatic, manual steering and brakes (all drum originally) and a 2.76 open rear.
I just find it interesting how 'basic' some of these cars were back then.
Look at one of today's stripper cars, and it is quite a comparison. My Dad got a basic Ford Focus and it came standard with a satellite radio.
My how times have changed.

Matt, Speaking of flashers, my 66 Charger did not have flashers. After having been broke down on a road a year or so ago, decided that it would be a good idea to figure out how to install flashers in a car that did not have them. Aftr studying schematics in the shop manual, I came up with an easy way to do it in a minimially invasive way. Heres the link to the post I made o the 66-67 Charger Forum describing how I did it.
http://www.66-67charger.com/forum/u...63&Words=4+way+flasher&Search=true#Post142264
Terry

The ones I put on my 65 Fury came off of a 66 Sport Fury I used to have. It was an 'add on' accessory item that just plugged into the turn signal harness and had a switch under the dash. My convertible top switch was where the 66 switch was located so I just drilled a hole on the other side of the column for it.

Auto Transport Service
Back