• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How to Add Flashers?

66plysat

Local time
9:59 AM
Reaction score
After a car show I was driving home in my 66 Satellite and my car suddenly died. I lost all power, it wouldn't turn over, no radio, it was dead in the water. After attempting to start it several times I called for a tow truck. While I was waiting a guy in a truck stopped behind me and turned on his flashers, another guy stopped and helped me push the car to the curb. I tried to start the car one last time before the tow truck arrived this time it started and I was able to drive the rest of the way home. My Mopar mechanic suggested I disconnect the ammeter and bypass it, I did and it seems to have fixed the issue.
Since this stall I've been thinking about our old cars not having emergency flashers. Has anyone converted their cars to having emergency flashing lights. How did you do it and how difficult was it to add emergency flashers. I can't count on a nice guy in a truck to always run his flashers if I have another breakdown.

Auto Transport Service
Back