• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Floor Jack

I have a budget 3 T...for the little stuff I do it is ok..I am too old for this ****. BUT I just can't walk away from it!
Because when I get into the '63 and plug in the oldies, I am a kid again...lol
I just wish I was 10 years younger...and had more free time...and didn't have FU#EN tendinitis in my thumb & little finger!!

but God I love this stuff..
DSC_0071.jpg
008.JPG
008.JPG

I broke down and bought a new NAPA jack a few years back and about 6 months after I got it if you raised all the way it would stay but if you left it just part of the way up it would go down. Went and talked to them and it had been out of warranty about 10 days Told me good Luck with it

if you purchased your Craftsman 30 years ago or more ...don't they give you a new $$$ one if it breaks?

remember over the door.....>Satisfaction guaranteed or your money Back!:wtf:

That stopped in the late 80's.

Had a 3/8 drive ratchet that stopped working in one direction.

WELL cared for. Clean and no scratches or dents.

Sears would not give me a new one as a replacement, even though they had a dozen in stock.

Handed me one from the back room that looked like it had been used as a hammer more than a ratchet and said "take it or leave it".

I even asked to see the manager and said "do you think this is a fair trade, this tool that has been cared for with pride for this object that has obviously been abused?"

I got no response.

IDIOTs

I've had a harbor freight aluminum for well over 10 years and it works great, and gets plenty of abuse too.

Oh, and if there was a love button I would click on it every time Sonny posted a pic of his ride.

Don't laugh......I've had the harbor freight "low profile" 2.5 ton (now 3 ton) jack for 5 years with no issues.

Low enough to get under the LCA on my Satellite and fast to pump up.

It gets used a LOT!

Ditto! Mine's a 2-ton super low profile & also gets under my other (non-Mopar) street rod, too!

Torin Pro Series 6000 heavy duty floor jack. Low profile. Doesn't leak, leak down. Had for 5 years without an issue. Torin is in Ontario, CA but their jacks are made in China. I bought mine at Northern Tool.

I don't know where Hein-Werner is made now but I have 2 2ton ones that are pushing 40 years old and have never given me a problem.

I have a Hein-Werner 2 ton that is worth every penny.
I also have a 22 ton OTC air jack for the Semi.
Hein-WernerAutomotive_HW93642_600x600.jpg
61r2c7H8JTL._SL1500_.jpg

I've since added two of the HF steel 'Daytona' yellow 3-Ton floor jacks 18 months ago, plus new jack stands to handle my F350 dually diesel truck that fell off ALL four Jack stands while doing brakes & rotors on it, too. That was a disaster where I broke my left forearm/wrist/hand......long story!
I love the Daytona jacks & have been used them vigorously every week since my purchase. The reason I decided to 'try' them was that my body shop buddy had one in his shop & used it for years with NO issues whatsoever. So, I dug down & got two of them! I've never looked back, as they are great & of super quality in my mind. At only $179 w/the HF coupon they are a hugely great deal!
I was even able to convince my wife that I needed a new 'used' 4-post lift for my garage. Whoopee!!!

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Last edited:
I've since added two of the HF steel 'Daytona' yellow 3-Ton floor jacks 18 months ago, plus new jack stands to handle my F350 dually diesel truck that fell off ALL four Jack stands while doing brakes & rotors on it, too. That was a disaster where I broke my left forearm/wrist/hand......long story!
I love the Daytona jacks & have been used them vigorously every week since my purchase. The reason I decided to 'try' them was that my body shop buddy had one in his shop & used it for years with NO issues whatsoever. So, I dug down & got two of them! I've never looked back, as they are great & of super quality in my mind. At only $179 w/the HF coupon they are a hugely great deal!
I was even able to convince my wife that I needed a new 'used' 4-post lift for my garage. Whoopee!!!

View attachment 659682 View attachment 659683 View attachment 659684 View attachment 659686 View attachment 659687 View attachment 659688 View attachment 659689
I saw that Daytona at HF and considered adding one to my collection. Do they bleed down at all?

No bleed down whatsoever. Both of these work flawlessly! Problem, you can't really find any 'made in USA' jacks except the Hein-Werner which is I think is actually 'assembled' in USA with parts made elsewhere.......I think, plus they are super expensive. I had an original USA made HW 30 years ago & shoulda kept it!! You know what they say about hindsight! :(

I've been rocking this Matco Beast 3.5 ton for 15 plus years now. It's been flawless
20180929_225300.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back