• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fluid film

alsant

Local time
7:21 AM
Reaction score
I’ve been reading about fluid film, anyone have any experience with this stuff?

I’ve been reading about fluid film, anyone have any experience with this stuff?
It is good stuff....I forgot about it recently until another member pointed it out in a different thread....It just has a funky smell...

Boeshield T9 protects the same if not better and doesn't have an odor

I have used it to keep things from rusting and seizing up. For example I spray all the bolts, cables and anything that moves or may rust on my snowblower and lawnmower at the end of the season an it keeps things oiled and new looking.

Yea we actually undercoat cars with it in NY here with the salt. It eventually washes off but it protects pretty good for its consistency.

If you're allergic to wool.. wear gloves with "Fluid Film"!

You can also use Krown Rust and Lubricant.

Both work wonders at saving vehicles, brake lines, etc. I have my truck done every year professionally by Krown and get top dollar trade ins when "up yearing". I do my enclosed trailers myself using their cans. It'll probably go in a few frame rail holes on my Bee.

I put the gallon in boiling water until it is liquid then spray undercarriage and inside body panels with a gun designed for it. Works great but smells for a few days.

People have commented on the smell. Well, to me it's not unpleasant, it smells better than WD-40 for example.

Love the stuff, I bought a new 2016 Tacoma pick up and day one sprayed the underside. The next season I could exactly the spots that I missed.

I wish I would've found out about it 17 yrs ago, I would've sprayed my 2001 ranger on a yearly basis. $40.00 a yr is pretty cheap. The only reason why I got rid of the truck was frame rust. I know if I used FF back in the day I'd still have my ranger, and not have a truck payment. Im a firm believer in the stuff. As others mentioned it does wear off but nice thing is ater it dries you can see the sub surface.

Last edited:
Ive used Fluid Film for years on the farm for many things.
It works well for chain lube and on battery terminal as well as a rust protectant.

Haven't used it personally but have a buddy that has and he swears by it. Have to reapply every couple of years he says.

That stuff will soak and penetrate everything.

Fluid film is a waste of good money.... Bar and chain oil is common and far cheaper, plus it crawls better...cut it with some kerosene and spray away. Problem is they both wash off over time in the wheelwells..just my experience, not scientific proof!

Fluid Film was never intended to be used in wheelwells. A german Classic Car magazine made a longterm test of different cavity preservations (the main application for Fluid Film) and FF made second place after a product that could only be used by professionals and was much much more expensive. So it's good stuff.

Auto Transport Service
Back