• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For all of You Train Lovers

I'll put these here. Can anyone identify this switcher? It's in a old steel mill that is now a industrial park in Benwood WV. I've always been curious about it. Manufacturer, how old, etc..

PXL_20221213_181818423.jpg

PXL_20221213_181802979.jpg

I need to see about riding 2102.

I rode 2101 as AFT 1 in 1976.

It would be super cool to ride 2 of the same class almost 50 years apart.

And did some line clearing the other night.

View attachment 1388908

View attachment 1388909

That's a really cool setup. I bet your boys will always remember having this experience.

When I was 10 years old or younger my Dad took me to a place where the guy had the size that you could ride on. The tracks went all over the property. IIRC it was even steam powered. Great memories :thumbsup:

That's a really cool setup. I bet your boys will always remember having this experience.

When I was 10 years old or younger my Dad took me to a place where the guy had the size that you could ride on. The tracks went all over the property. IIRC it was even steam powered. Great memories :thumbsup:
I hope they have good memories as well. I got hooked on them from my dad. He still has his American flyer set from the ‘50s that we used to set up when I was a little kid.

Very cool set up, but I have to ask; since they pick up the electricity from the rails, do you constantly have to clean the oxidation off them?
Very cool set up, but I have to ask; since they pick up the electricity from the rails, do you constantly have to clean the oxidation off them?
I have to wipe them down once every few days or so. They make track cleaning cars as well.
Or you can convert them over to batteries.

"Dead rail" is one of the "new" things in model railroading.

Auto Transport Service
Back