• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For all of You Train Lovers

3601_bad64d82da3273668f41174d33b4a8f60436f75b.jpg

You just gotta Lionel Trains!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Here's one for ya, classic scene!

Sorry khryslerkid did not mean to high jack this.

Above is about the train in town, this is just the town it's self. New Hope PA and Lambertville NJ across the bridge. Both towns walking distance for stores and small little restaurants. View attachment 538973
View attachment 538974
View attachment 538975
View attachment 538977
Not far from here is Washington crossing and some spots along the way to take in the history of the Revolutionary War. Bowmans's Tower below and a view looking towards New Hope.
View attachment 538978
View attachment 538979
This area of PA and Jersey is filled with so much history and things to do. You can walk the trails and come across stone walls still standing from the war, see old building for headquarters and on and on. Does not matter what season of the year, each season has it's place there.

I'd LOVE to live there!

Very nice work on the hand laid track, looks great! Are you also cutting all your own ties? I would like to do the same and I know its a bit less money but worried about not getting it right and dealing with derails all the time. The satisfaction that you build you own track is one pay off. What is your opinion, go with hand laid or pre made track and is it worth the extra time?

Depend on what your after. Things go faster with flex track and switches! I bought the ties/rail/filing jigs for points and stock rails/rail bending tool/files/and misc tools/etc from Fast Tracks. I don't use their switch jigs but the rest of the items make the job SO much more enjoyable. The hardest thing is making reliable point tie bars. I now have it down to a science using wire as a pivot. They are much more reliable over time. I like to build multiple turnouts with a single piece of rail. The track flows much nicer and work much better. I just enjoy it. If you don't enjoy it then I would go flex and buy turnouts. Also I wanted code 40 so it was almost a necessity. Here is how I do it now.

DSCN3059.jpg DSCN3060.jpg DSCN3061.jpg DSCN3062.jpg DSCN3063.jpg DSCN3064.jpg DSCN3065.jpg DSCN3066.jpg DSCN3067.jpg DSCN3068.jpg

Here is a little Ken Burns thing I did playing with iMovie a few years ago. Mainly to document the process so I would not forget how I did it! Since the last 18 months have been consumed with the Coronet I am glad made it.

Depend on what your after. Things go faster with flex track and switches! I bought the ties/rail/filing jigs for points and stock rails/rail bending tool/files/and misc tools/etc from Fast Tracks. I don't use their switch jigs but the rest of the items make the job SO much more enjoyable. The hardest thing is making reliable point tie bars. I now have it down to a science using wire as a pivot. They are much more reliable over time. I like to build multiple turnouts with a single piece of rail. The track flows much nicer and work much better. I just enjoy it. If you don't enjoy it then I would go flex and buy turnouts. Also I wanted code 40 so it was almost a necessity. Here is how I do it now.

View attachment 542333 View attachment 542334 View attachment 542335 View attachment 542336 View attachment 542337 View attachment 542338 View attachment 542339 View attachment 542340 View attachment 542341 View attachment 542342
My first layout was all flex track then scenery, fun by not satisfying. I would like to hand lay most if not all of the track on the next one. I'm not worried about how fast I can get the trains up and running I enjoy the building aspect of the layout. The switches look intimidating but again no rush, it's relaxing "work" for me. Please post some more pic when you have the time and thank you for sharing.

Auto Transport Service
Back