• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For Sale 68 Coronet @ Storage Yard !

It's a Calif. car at least not a Rust Belt or Northeast car
it has a chance at least of being sort of solid...

$5k for a complete car, doesn't sound bad,
all depends on condition, might be worth a lot less, or more
a BB car 2bbl or not, low option or not
as long as if it's not a spaghetti strainer/roach
it could have potential, a cool day 2 build maybe
not everything has to be a high dollar highly optioned 1 of 1 rarity...

Perfect type car to make a racecar IMO
But that's me...LOL

Funny how these guys who do all these hi-$$$ cars :poke:
that seem to do pretty well in that market too $$$,
that now seem to think everything else is a roach
& should be almost free to buyers...

It may very well be...
I guess it depends on what you're looking for
& what you're willing to spend or do...

It also could be a $$$ pit...

Last edited:
Based on the trim around the taillights, and the VIN I'd say it's a Model 440 Coronet 383 2 barrel car. Looks like someone removed the "Coronet 440" emblems from the rear quarters.

Right qtr wheel opening looks like some rot working around it. Looks like either a Deluxe or 440 trim model. I gotta align with RC on worth, but I'm a little nicer, 3K is the top I'd go based on what I can see in pix. How about some closer breakdown shots, under hood(especially cowl box area), trunk, interior & undercarriage.
Funny, the copper color is the same as the 68 post 440 w/318 I had. Sure miss that car.
Only a body guy would notice that Lol, yup the rear wheel openings have been reworked, looked like it had big tire's at one point, but the car looks really sold and no visible rust under the hood looks good

5-10 large for a 383 2 barrel roached out Coronet?!?!?!?!?!

View attachment 551000

More like $500.00-1 large. Even less if it has no title.
Dude you gotta be kidding me !! Lol $500. to $1000. car day's are over, especially in California i know for a fact this car is worth $5K-$8K here in socal All day long, but i do understand people sometimes don't know the value of this old stuff that appears like junk.

Only a body guy would notice that Lol, yup the rear wheel openings have been reworked, looked like it had big tire's at one point, but the car looks really sold and no visible rust under the hood looks good
Curious, how do the rocker pinch welds look? It's a bench seat/column shift, right?

Factory 1968 b body big block, complete but needs rust repair, no signs of collision damage. I would happily pay $5000 for it, more if the rust is minor. Please point me in the direction of these $500 b bodies fellas as I would like to relive my teen years.

I see "For Sale" signs on it, is there an asking price posted on them?

Did the yard guy give you any idea of how it was to be sold, such as by bid, auction, etc.?
Maybe you can pick it up for a good price.
If it is as solid as you say it is, it definitely has potential. Of course I'm partial, I really like the '68 Coronet.

Don't know what it's worth but I hope you score it :thumbsup:

Right qtr wheel opening looks like some rot working around it. Looks like either a Deluxe or 440 trim model. I gotta align with RC on worth, but I'm a little nicer, 3K is the top I'd go based on what I can see in pix. How about some closer breakdown shots, under hood(especially cowl box area), trunk, interior & undercarriage.
Funny, the copper color is the same as the 68 post 440 w/318 I had. Sure miss that car.

Nice to see someone else here who has a realistic point of view. For the record, I was being sarcastic with the figure I mentioned in my previous post & I think Blade's figure is closer to reality. When it comes to B-bodies, 68-70 Chargers are the top of the food chain, followed by Plymouth B-bodies and slightly below that are Coronet B-bodies. If one were to make a clone R/T or Super Bee out of the car in this thread, the value of such a done car is in the high 20's to low 30's (depending on quality). Why? Because you can buy a nice "real" Bee for the mid 30s & a real nice one for just under 40. All you people who think that they can turn that heap into top notch clone on a (very conservative) budget of less than 30 grand....in addition to buying it for 8 grand are dreaming.

Deck lid is worth over a grand.

latest?cb=20150915013423.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back