• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For Sale 68 Coronet @ Storage Yard !

as for the coronets......... you guys need to leave this little bubble, take a step back and realize these base model cars might be worth 1200 bucks to the rest of the world, (and I think I am being generous). If you're building a Bee, the value would be determined by how many parts you need and the condition of said parts. As for the trunk lids, chances are (99%) they are rusty along the back edge and would need repair.

I paid 1500 for a sport sat parts car with a running 440........ got a few of things I needed for my GTX, mainly bucket seat cores; packratted the odds and ends, and sold off the rest....... but it all involved time and effort

Last edited:
What's your definition of "top notch"? My GTX was in way worse shape than that and I am into mine for around $24k including the $5k I paid for it. If someone does their own work, they can do it for a reasonable cost. Less if they re-use much of the original hardware and parts. I do not consider resto shops reasonable.

If your GTX is a real GTX, it will be worth much more than a Satellite dressed up to look like a GTX, but bodywork is where we get into a gray area. Some are able to do their own bodywork & paint and do a fine job, and then there's others who do their own work and it looks like crap, but they think it looks good. Then there's others, like myself, who have no bodywork abilities and they/we send a disassembled body out to a trusted body shop. Obviously, the latter example will cost the most which adds to the overall cost of the car..

parts car, restore, clone, Junker call it what you will, IMO this car will with out a doubt AS IS WHERE IS Bring $6-$8 K No Problem !!

I think the AMD lids are for chargers
You're correct, my mistake! No Coronet repop lids. What is the difference between a 68 lid & a 69? Isn't it something to do with rear lip, maybe in the lock barrel area?

You're correct, my mistake! No Coronet repop lids. What is the difference between a 68 lid & a 69? Isn't it something to do with rear lip, maybe in the lock barrel area?
68 and 69 are totally different. The gold one is a 69

DCP_8857.jpg DCP_8863.jpg 20160304_095715.jpg 20160304_095558.jpg

If your GTX is a real GTX, it will be worth much more than a Satellite dressed up to look like a GTX, but bodywork is where we get into a gray area. Some are able to do their own bodywork & paint and do a fine job, and then there's others who do their own work and it looks like crap, but they think it looks good. Then there's others, like myself, who have no bodywork abilities and they/we send a disassembled body out to a trusted body shop. Obviously, the latter example will cost the most which adds to the overall cost of the car..

I agree, different skill levels will obviously dictate what a car will cost. But I think people are too focused on what's is worth. A hemi car in that condition would not be a parts car so how is this one a parts car? Just because finished value is different? 99% of us cannot afford a real hemi car so a clone would be perfect. The body is the same, interiors are the same so I can see the value in a car like the one posted. People focused on matching numbers, fender tags, need to step back and look at it from the perspective of someone who wants a b body is has been priced out of everything because of Barrett Jackson. As long as the person fixing it up is happy with it in the end then that is what matters.

As long as the person fixing it up is happy with it in the end then that is what matters.

Very true, but I just hate to see someone commit financial suicide because they have unreal expectations of turning a roach-mobile into a restored thing of beauty. Some on this thread think I'm being an A-hole, but in reality I'm just giving realistic advice.

Consider my words of wisdom a public service announcement. :D

Very true, but I just hate to see someone commit financial suicide because they have unreal expectations of turning a roach-mobile into a restored thing of beauty. Some on this thread think I'm being an A-hole, but in reality I'm just giving realistic advice.

You are an A-hole :poke:, but you do make a good point... :realcrazy:
Most of the time... :lol:
we still like you anyway, in the most non-homo way :poke:

Last edited:

I'm sorry guys
I agree with RC

Let "US", the forum not promote False Prices for cars
Especially cars that are "Run of the Mill"
To me, that car is a run of the mill car
So sorry to step on toes
"WE" the forum comment on it weekly
NOT MINE, CRAIGSLIST AD:
1969 Dodge Charger $12,000

And it's a POS rust bucket

Lets just appreciate the Original Poster for posting this car.

parts car, restore, clone, Junker call it what you will, IMO this car will with out a doubt AS IS WHERE IS Bring $6-$8 K No Problem !!

Bees and R/Ts bring money in any condition........... put a 2500 for sale sign in that thing and watch it sit. please keep us posted

Ha Ha!
Here ya GO!
False inflated prices as I mentioned above:

https://madison.craigslist.org/cto/d/69-dodge-charger/6414303357.html not mine just thought I'd share
69 Dodge Charger - $10000 (Princeton)
Originally was a 318 / auto (shift on floor) Red with black vinyl top, black interior.
Has 1996 Corvette IFS/IRS and full frame rails made from 2x3 channel built in the same spots as the factory frame. Needs to be finished.
No engine/trans or title. (Has original vin tag and matches trunk rail vin and core support.) Fender tag is missing.
Easier than ever to get a title in WI now.
Body has rust in roof, rear quarters, and will need full floors.
Has factory power windows, No seats, dash frame is there. Gauges missing.
Has all good glass.
The 69 Charger is one of the hardest to find cars in any condition.

01717_9WSJDXZnWr9_600x450.jpg

Ha Ha!
Here ya GO!
False inflated prices as I mentioned above:

https://madison.craigslist.org/cto/d/69-dodge-charger/6414303357.html not mine just thought I'd share
69 Dodge Charger - $10000 (Princeton)
Originally was a 318 / auto (shift on floor) Red with black vinyl top, black interior.
Has 1996 Corvette IFS/IRS and full frame rails made from 2x3 channel built in the same spots as the factory frame. Needs to be finished.
No engine/trans or title. (Has original vin tag and matches trunk rail vin and core support.) Fender tag is missing.
Easier than ever to get a title in WI now.
Body has rust in roof, rear quarters, and will need full floors.
Has factory power windows, No seats, dash frame is there. Gauges missing.
Has all good glass.
The 69 Charger is one of the hardest to find cars in any condition.

View attachment 551236
LOLOLOL, why do people always put nice wheels on a turd!!! Wheels were the last thing I did on my restoration, not the first.

Also, just wanted to make another point about spending tons of money on a car. I spent tons on my restoration but that's because I have had the car since high school, and I am not planning on flipping it or even selling it, ever, and some of you would think I was crazy for doing it, but I wanted it done properly so it is what it is. Now with that said, if I was going to buy a car that was in the condition as mine was before restoration or this one, I certainly would not have spent over $2k to buy the car, and I wouldn't put a whole lot into it, because it would be a poor investment, but sentimental value, that's another story.

Something i do Notice is that you can certainly
buy way cheaper than you can build !

Auto Transport Service
Back