• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For Sale *Not Mine* 1968 Hemi 4Spd Charger Mass.

Where we live snow tires are a must!
I am kicking myself that I never got a picture of my GTX back when it ran snow tires as a daily driver. Car was ordered with dog dish wheels, and they got red line G70 snow tires. Rest of the year, it ran with '68 Magnum 500s, dealer noted such on the original window sticker. "As built" may bring more money, but RC's Charger sure looks better "as driven," IMO.

I laugh every time I see a restored Daytona on those skinny “70” series tires and 5.5” rims in the back.
78048C23-D3D0-4369-9B58-D8F4CA54B41A.jpeg
201D4FD8-9556-46C1-9DFC-6C2E91E91AD3.jpeg
Much better looking and driving with some rubber under it.

Last edited:
I laugh every time I see a restored Daytona on those skinny “70” series tires and 5.5” rims in the back.View attachment 1560888View attachment 1560889Much better looking and driving with some rubber under it.
Still needs to lose the dork dishes! This is the bronze Hemi Daytona in proper day two trim! Looks much cooler without those painted steel wheels and dork dish hubcaps! My friend drove this car onto the stage last year when it sold for 1.3 million dollars.

XX29J9B412548-gibson-chandler-wellborn-(2).jpg

Wellbourn $900,000 Daytona.jpg

Last edited:
Still needs to lose the dork dishes! This is the bronze Hemi Daytona in proper day two trim! Looks much cooler without those painted steel wheels and dork dish hubcaps!

View attachment 1560892
I put the “Cop Car Caps” on my daily. But it’s like the Belvedere Cop Car version that was in Adam 12. I like ‘em.
9AE6478C-0728-49DF-AF82-441540FFBCAE.jpeg

I laugh every time I see a restored Daytona on those skinny “70” series tires and 5.5” rims in the back.View attachment 1560888View attachment 1560889Much better looking and driving with some rubber under it.
As far as the green car goes,Life wasn't watered down back then,so why are people now a days watering down their Mopar muscle cars with steel wheels and dork dish hubcaps?

s-l16TYGGGGTRRTRTR00.jpg

As far as the green car goes,Life wasn't watered down back then,so why are people now a days watering down their Mopar muscle cars with steel wheels and dork dish hubcaps?

View attachment 1560900
Maybe it’s because of the painted rims matching the body color? GM and Ford just had basic black, which Mopar went to during the 1971 MY.

Mrs Landy would never be seen with Dork dish hubcaps on her car! Even my mom wouldn't be seen with them,she dropped us of at school daily in this! We was that cool!

Smiley Cool but -you're not dropped of by Mrs. Landy cool-.jpg

moms Charger.jpg

Last edited:
High bid of $227,800.00. Who knows if it’s a shill bid or not.

No surprise that no one jumped at his BIN price.

So what is the general consensus of the actual value of this car in the current market?

Maybe because it's their car and their money.
Don't make it right! Take one of those dog dish hubcaps and stand in front of Walmart until they can buy some decent wheels! They are not called poverty caps for nothing! The look is so overdone,and boring! I'm a crusader for Mopar Decency!

When I was in high school a friend of mine totalled his 70 SS 396 4 speed Chevelle. He bought a 68 307 Malibu from an old lady. It was teal green with the same color interior,with plastic covers on the seats,like grandma had on her sofa. He took the drive train out of the wrecked SS and put it in the Malibu. The car was a real sleeper. He ran dual exhaust with the mufflers up tight to the body. The drivers side muffler was painted black and only one tail pipe came out the back. He used to put his sweatshirt over the shifter that was tight to the bench seat whenever he parked the car. He still had the full faced hubcaps,though the rear wheels were wider on the inside with larger rubber,from the side the car looked like a stock 307 68 Malibu,307 badges and all. The column shift was still in place,it looked like a three on the tree. He used to take peoples money right and left with that car. Putting steel wheels and dorky dish hubcaps on a limelight Road Runner,or plum crazy Charger R/T is fooling nobody and serves no purpose!

It's all just a matter of opinion of course.

For example, I think the Daytona with the Corvette l-88 hood looks awful and steelies/dog dish are some of the best looking wheels to go on any car.

It's all just a matter of opinion of course.

For example, I think the Daytona with the Corvette l-88 hood looks awful and steelies/dog dish are some of the best looking wheels to go on any car.
That was not the consensus back in the day,the few cars that actually came with that wheel and tire combo were removed within the first few weeks of ownership,and never seen in public again. The L88 hood is not my thing,but just about every Mopar racecar seen now a days has a Chevy cowl hood on them,so maybe this guy was ahead of his time! The deep dish Cragar S/S wheels rock! If they are good enough for Dick Landy they are good enough for me!

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back