• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOR SALE-NOT MINE: 1972 Roadrunner GTX Track Pak 440 HP 4spd Dana 60 Only 219 Built Rare - $25,900 (Scottsdale)

Yes, the cowl to hood seal is missing.

I'm tending to revert back to my first impression. Again, seeing what rot-buckets are being offered out there for stupid money. As eldubb correctly mentioned, starting with a cheaper rot-bucket and paying for metalwork, the cost would be more than the approximate $$ for this apparently solid car. I guess it comes down to personal preferences vs. dollar/value considerations.

I just know that for anyone to get into a numbers matching, rotbox, 440, 4 speed, Dana, anything, and bring it to rust free platform, they will likely be at or over this asking price. Regardless of year, make or model.

I'm tending to revert back to my first impression. Again, seeing what rot-buckets are being offered out there for stupid money. As eldubb correctly mentioned, starting with a cheaper rot-bucket and paying for metalwork, the cost would be more than the approximate $$ for this apparently solid car. I guess it comes down to personal preferences vs. dollar/value considerations.

there's a lot to be said for starting with a solid, straight piece.......unfortunately, most of the Mopars are Flintstone mobiles

IMG_20231110_171940439.jpg
IMG_20231110_172016173.jpg

I just know that for anyone to get into a numbers matching, rotbox, 440, 4 speed, Dana, anything, and bring it to rust free platform, they will likely be at or over this asking price. Regardless of year, make or model.

3-400 hours of reconstruction and body work on the average B Body.......some are worse

there's a lot to be said for starting with a solid, straight piece.......unfortunately, most of the Mopars are Flintstone mobiles
I admit I was taken aback by the trashed interior. But, when all is said and done, you can't beat a solid starting point. I did my first "resto" back in the 70's before it was called resto ! So, Mr. Wishy-washy will stick with my first impression. On a personal note, if this car was not green, I'd seriously consider it, and doing another car.

The Craigslist posting has expired. It was there yesterday.

Screenshot_20240119-191120~2.png

& it didn't sell...

don't get me wrong I think it's a solid car too
overpriced & you will be upside down on if it's ever finished

if it's such a great deal, then why ?
undesirable year ?
too much to bring back ?
be upside down in it financially ?
did it even run ?
I don't think it did, been sitting way to long
& there's no Fender tag, no build-sheet, big bad no-no
all the purists that love this car, they won't have/gp for that,
& that's it's market for this car or it's rarity

people say all kind of **** about
everyone is upsidedown on these cars
(no everyone isn't)
so why not someone else ?
share in your misery...

that's the exact thing keeping this car "NOT SOLD"
is the financial aspects
or the lack of love of a low comp. low HP 72 (out of favor)
440 4 speed dana-60 car (pluses)
green we see it here, people bitch about (not me) hating it
or rarity doesn't fly, not with MoPars buyers
not if the financials don't make sense

Like I've said before;
maybe someone who has a sentimental attachment
or falls in love with it, had one as a kid, has an ample budget
doesn't plan on selling it...
They will still be upside down on it...

$26k doesn't buy much today
(& another min. $35k to well over $70k to bring it back to sell for $50k+)
that car is rough, no matter if it's not the body panels
far more to a car then body & paint
no matter how much people love to work on this old metal/cars
all the electrical, probably eaten by rats mice or rabbits
all the fuel system, wheels & tires, fluids, gaskets, seals, glass,
hoses, rubber, interior, ventalation, top, paint & body (extremely big hit)
even if not 'so rusty'
every aspect, all cost the same for a
less desirable 72 vs a 68-71, more desirable year

Again;
every aspect will need to be addressed, most don't or can't do that
not within a reasonable budget, that makes sense...

Last edited:
This particular '72 checks almost every box that makes it very desirable in my opinion; and it's Sherwood Green to boot!

Condition, condition, and condition...it looks like a great starting point for a nice project. Like someone already said, look at that trunk floor... that's a a darn good indicator of the rest of the car.

Also, the car starts and the seller has a clean Arizona title in his name. That's a rarity on Craigslist and Facebook.

Ok, so the factory performance numbers for '72 aren't as good as prior years? That can be remedied easy enough, but yeah more money to spend.

It is a hobby for most members here?
:)
The lower production numbers of 1972 are partially caused by it being a strike shortened year.

If the seller had at least taken the time to find the misplaced fender tag, then this car would be gone/sold. Also, he should have taken the initiative to look for the Broadcast Sheet since he misplaced the fender tag. The Broadcast Sheet is more desirable than a fender tag IMO and of course the car would be gone/sold if he had looked and found it.

I find the "performance drop" criticism somewhat annoying when I see it in magazine articles. Why do the authors always have to take a jab or cheap shot to insert some "drama"? Does it make them feel better about their own cars? Anyway,
They'll compare prior years gross horsepower to '72 net horsepower without an explanation or comparison of the same "horsepower". So, what are the '68 to '71 SAE NET horsepower numbers? Or, what is the '72 horsepower in "gross horsepower" for a comparison with '68 to '71 gross horsepower?

Sure, the '72 440 had a large drop in compression ratio and I'm willing to bet the camshaft is tamer to boot...robbing horsepower all so Ma Mopar could get better emissions numbers. Changing the camshaft (and lifters) is easy enough and not that expensive. Bumping up the compression ratio is easy enough and only a little bit more money when rebuilding the engine. Tap into the potential!

Critters chewing on wiring? Don't care...it all has to be replaced anyway because of age. Critters wreak havoc on interiors too of course. Doesn't matter on this car...the heat and UV has destroyed most of it anyway.

Yeah, overall a lot of work for this (SOLID) car; but well worth it because it is 1 of 219 and desirable. I hope someone saves it. It deserves to be saved.

It's a hobby and a rather expensive one nowadays. A hobby should be fun. If someone can't have fun, then they should find a different hobby or lower their expectations on the car they can buy within their budget. Dreams are expensive.

It isn't the green color holding this car back from selling. It's that MISPLACED FENDER TAG killing the sale. It's a pity. :(

It's that MISPLACED FENDER TAG killing the sale.
I agree. I talked to guy a little while back with a V code '70 RoadRunner for sale. It was missing the fender tag and when I said "That's too bad" he said he didn't give a **** about a fender tag. I understand some people could care less either way, but I think the more valuable (in the end) a car is, be it low production or high performance, the more important a broadcast sheet/ fender tag becomes. Perhaps not to the guy selling the car, but it sure as **** may be to the guy buying the car.

I will pass mine off to one of the sons before selling at the price. 72 was still a true muscle car with a smogger engine. There was also the matter of how HP was rated after 71.
If it really bothers people that much there's nothing a set of pistons, cam and head work will not solve.
To bad some have to be such snobs on such super facial matters as a year with little body changes.

Phishing expedition :carrot:
now for another extra $1,000,
went from $25.9k to $26.9k
& it's still not sold
if he's getting so darn many calls ?
now he has to raise the price :jackoff:

or no bids, listed again multiple times & places now too
Just throwing it out there, just to see who'll bite (?)

seen worse sell for more too

They do say;
"there's an *** for every seat",
better go look at it, put eyes & hands on it,
get your *** out there 'to physically touch it & look at it' 1st
before you bid 1 dime/$0.10 cents, on that

no offense intended at you @DeltaV

good luck

It isn't the green color holding this car back from selling. It's that MISPLACED FENDER TAG killing the sale. It's a pity. :(
I agree about the missing fender tag being a big reason for the lack of enthusiasm from prospective buyers, especially with no broadcast sheet. Seller says 1 of 219 cars equipped this way. I'd say prove it. No tag, no build sheet. Not saying I doubt it is what he says, but if you dump the money into restoring it because of its rarity, then my money would want to see the proof, instead of a blank area between two screw holes on an inner fender. Otherwise save some money and buy a nice, finished clone/fake/tribute/replica etc.

Auto Transport Service
Back