• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For Sale over at Hemmings - 1969 Plymouth GTX Hemi with Four-Speed

The car is actually a double green, not triple. There's several little things wrong under the hood. The water pumo pulley is wrong which means the crank pulley is also wrong. It's got a 66-67 PS pump and should have a cooler(?), electronic ignition, which is no big deal, but it looks like the voltage regulator got hot and leaked some goo. There's no blackout paint next to the radiator, looks like a repro fender tag & the positive cable needs to be retained with some straps. It's all nothing that can't be easily rectified.

I would imagine they won’t let it go until it reaches at least 110k usd. For you with transport and import fees including bc harmonized tax you’ll probably be looking at around ~$172,000.00 cdn…. Quite a bit. All for a car you haven’t seen in person, unless you go see it, you can add a couple grand in expense for that too…

I wouldn't spend major coin on any car without seeing it in person & scrutinizing it with my own eyes first.

The Canada luxury tax that starts 1/1/22 is significant too!

I like F5 green. Had a 69 Super Bee that color years ago and in person it is a pretty color. F5 is really nice with a tan interior, my Super Bee had that combination.
We bought our 68 RR1 burgundy metallic on red interior Hemi GTX Automatic in October of 2019 and paid less than the $84,000.00 #2 Hagerty Value. Our car has an original fender tag and copy of the broadcast sheet.
The following is my opinion:
A 69 is worth more than a 68, mostly due to the air grabber not being available on a 68
A 4-speed is worth more than an auto.
I love green cars. However, my observation is that it takes a bit longer for a green car to sell.
The prices have moved up since we bought our GTX.
Having a vintage Hemi in any original Hemi car is a big deal. I notice that original Hemi cars with newer crate Hemi's seem to take a bit of a price hit. The 69 GTX in questions add states it is the original engine.
The 69 GTX in this thread has a couple of issues. The reproduction fender tag hurts it a little bit, but it does have a broadcast sheet so it's easy to tell if the tag is accurate.

If I was to guess, the 69 GTX discussed here will bring between $100,000.00 and $110,000.00. Again my opinion :)

Last edited:
Who said anything about B.C. ?!?!

I assumed it was bc as there is a question posted on the auction about how long the vendor would hold it while they arranged transport to western Canada. I also assumed that this question came from the OP. Not sure why I assumed bc vs alberta but I did. If alberta they’d save the pst portion which is 8%.
All just a bunch of guessing I suppose, it could be going to any one of the provinces, I think if it’s Ontario or pretty much any of the other province other than alberta they ding them pst as well.

any way you slice it it’s a **** tonne of money

Last edited:
There is a pocket in the air grabber for the master cylinder to sit into.....

View attachment 1212105

Only the Hemi power brake cars used the “pocket” in the air grabber. It’s because the power brake booster raised the master cylinder up and away from the firewall hitting the bottom of the air grabber.

Not sure I’ve ever seen a 1969 GTX that was stripe delete. First thing I noticed was the stripe missing below the body side molding. Or is it the hood stripe delete??

Only the Hemi power brake cars used the “pocket” in the air grabber. It’s because the power brake booster raised the master cylinder up and away from the firewall hitting the bottom of the air grabber.

Not sure I’ve ever seen a 1969 GTX that was stripe delete. First thing I noticed was the stripe missing below the body side molding. Or is it the hood stripe delete??
Hood stripe delete makes more sense!

Those stupid over done dog dish hubcaps would be the first thing to go. I was at the Dodge dealer in 1970 when my parents bought their car and took it for service, and none of the muscle cars on the lot had those hubcaps on them. They had Magnum wheels, rallye wheels, or full sized hubcaps. The only cars with the dog dish hubcaps were taxi cabs or cop cars.

Those stupid over done dog dish hubcaps would be the first thing to go. I was at the Dodge dealer in 1970 when my parents bought their car and took it for service, and none of the muscle cars on the lot had those hubcaps on them. They had Magnum wheels, rallye wheels, or full sized hubcaps. The only cars with the dog dish hubcaps were taxi cabs or cop cars.
Our dealer in State College sold three Hemi Road Runners back in the day, a '68 and two '69s, no Hemi GTXs. All three cars came with dog dish caps. My ex brother in law's '69 got Torque Thrusts, and the other '69 got 1970 Rallyees (it didn't sell until early 1971). The '68 ran with bare wheels, the caps went back on when it was traded in. Back in the day they did come that way, but never ran on the street like that. On the other hand, my parents' stripped down 1970 Valiant kept the poverty caps until traded in.

I remember when friends that ordered their new musclecars, and knew that they were going to install aftermarket Cragars or Torquethrusts, they NEVER paid extra for wheeldiscs or ralley wheels. They got dog dish caps as standard equipment.

Auto Transport Service
Back