• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For Sale over at Hemmings - 1969 Plymouth GTX Hemi with Four-Speed

Exactly: My 69 Hemi X had just about everything you needed, PW, PDB, PS, AM8trk etc. But standard wheels and hubcaps. It probably had mags added before the guy made the first payment. Even worse for my 71 Hemi Charger, it came with standard 14 inch wheels from the factory.

oldmopar3.jpg

Exactly: My 69 Hemi X had just about everything you needed, PW, PDB, PS, AM8trk etc. But standard wheels and hubcaps. It probably had mags added before the guy made the first payment. Even worse for my 71 Hemi Charger, it came with standard 14 inch wheels from the factory.

View attachment 1212504

Like- Too bad you still don’t have this one, I like that X quite a bit!

Not that you mentioned it, but really liked your 440/6 sassy grass road runner too you had back in 06’ ish?

Only the Hemi power brake cars used the “pocket” in the air grabber. It’s because the power brake booster raised the master cylinder up and away from the firewall hitting the bottom of the air grabber.

Not sure I’ve ever seen a 1969 GTX that was stripe delete. First thing I noticed was the stripe missing below the body side molding. Or is it the hood stripe delete??

Ive seen A LOT of 1969 Hemi powered Plymouths with manual brakes that still have the rubber boot in the air box.

I like F5 green. Had a 69 Super Bee that color years ago and in person it is a pretty color. F5 is really nice with a tan interior, my Super Bee had that combination.
We bought our 68 RR1 burgundy metallic on red interior Hemi GTX Automatic in October of 2019 and paid less than the $84,000.00 #2 Hagerty Value. Our car has an original fender tag and copy of the broadcast sheet.
The following is my opinion:
A 69 is worth more than a 68, mostly due to the air grabber not being available on a 68
A 4-speed is worth more than an auto.
I love green cars. However, my observation is that it takes a bit longer for a green car to sell.
The prices have moved up since we bought our GTX.
Having a vintage Hemi in any original Hemi car is a big deal. I notice that original Hemi cars with newer crate Hemi's seem to take a bit of a price hit. The 69 GTX in questions add states it is the original engine.
The 69 GTX in this thread has a couple of issues. The reproduction fender tag hurts it a little bit, but it does have a broadcast sheet so it's easy to tell if the tag is accurate.

If I was to guess, the 69 GTX discussed here will bring between $100,000.00 and $110,000.00. Again my opinion :)

Agreed, on All accounts

PS< I wonder if this green 69 GTX was the one I looked at about 20 years ago. Car was a past Mopar Nationals winner ( sorry, dont remember waht year it won ) And it was in NJ at the time If so that car NOS parts hanging all over, trunk panel, both tail light bezels, grille, etc etc etc . I know it was green but dont remember much else

Last edited:
As for stripe delete on a 69 GTX . Is that even possible. The ONLY stripe they could delete the tape stripe under the body side moldings. And Said stripe was avail in white or red only. Its about a 5/16" tape stripe. Best I remember white is reflective, red is not
The hood stripes was optional and require a code to add on . thus no delete code would be generated if they were not factory installed

I want a Gen II hemi once in my life. I've become very familiar with the BB Wedge engines. B and RB. But today's costs may keep this out of reach. I've always have my eye out of course. With trade possibilities. So keep posting. Including hemi engines with no car? I have a very decent but completely non numbers matching '69 GTX begging for an upgrade? (Although pulling a very good running 440 is a tough decision.)

I want a Gen II hemi once in my life. I've become very familiar with the BB Wedge engines. B and RB. But today's costs may keep this out of reach. I've always have my eye out of course. With trade possibilities. So keep posting. Including hemi engines with no car? I have a very decent but completely non numbers matching '69 GTX begging for an upgrade? (Although pulling a very good running 440 is a tough decision.)

If thats the dream and is the only way to pull it off.

Jump in with both feet and do what you need to do

I'll be honest. I sold 2 hemi cars back in the early 90s . And never dreamed I would own another.
Early last year I was looking to buy a nice 67 GTX , when a friend of mine and myself starting talking about the Satellite instead . He had offered me the car almost 10 years ago. And I told him I could only wish and it wasn't meant to be. ,,,,,,Then.
Luckily for me,,,,,,he didn't really pursue the idea to sell so it basically got pushed aside in the garage and rarely driven for the next 10 years or so .

I was in a place and time in my life when it came back around this time. To make it happen. And I made the leap and never looked back. Ive lusted for this car since the day he bought it as a rolling project car. Its now mine and will remain in my name till Im no longer breathing. My 2 daughters already know they get it then.

the 1st time I laid eyes on it. I wanted it.
Basically this ,,,just less engine and trans

old-pic-1.jpg old-pic-2.jpg

Last edited:

I was surprised back in the 80’s how many column shift automatic muscle cars that Chrysler made. I just assumed at the time that they weren’t the ones that were street raced and wrecked. I passed on hundreds of them to only go look at the 4 speed cars. And yeah... they were definitely used! To me, the sound alone was worth finding a 4 pedal car.

The subject of this thread is at $90,000 with the RESERVE MET and one day to go.

1969-plymouth-gtx-001-hero.jpg

I am OUT (more than I am prepared to spend on this car).

If anyone here is interested there is no worry about hurting my feelings about buying it. Indeed, I'd love to see someone here get it.

Now if I can just remember where I put my $99k spare change jar?

I think a fair price in today's market. I think the color held it back some. But if I remember F5? It looks better live than a pic. Let's hope it's a new buyers dream? And not a "Put it next to the others?"

Auto Transport Service
Back