• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For the Love for my Father, My 69 GTX Restoration

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 669512

This is part of the MCACN newsletter that oldbee posted above. I have not received mine yet. Special thanks to my friend Tom aka Tufcat for sending this section out of the brochure to me tonight!

I am literally speechless....Pops will be done proud!

Justin-

No doubt at all your Pops will be watching and smiling down at you. You did an awesome job on the car !!! And, you should win a trophy just for this build thread, which is a unique reference for all Mopar fans. You've done yourself, your family and FBBO proud !!!!!

Abe

Justin-

No doubt at all your Pops will be watching and smiling down at you. You did an awesome job on the car !!! And, you should win a trophy just for this build thread, which is a unique reference for all Mopar fans. You've done yourself, your family and FBBO proud !!!!!

Abe
Abe

Thank you for the compliments.....I like the part you mentioned about the build thread....The trophy won for that is when people are using it......Thats award winning in my books......

I will represent you guys well at MCACN and at the museum!:thumbsup:

Justin

Roll call to all the members whom are interested in getting together at MCACN.....

The show is Nov 17th and 18th.....Me and Mario are trying to get a tally of whom is able to meet.....

Drop a line here and I will include you in a private thread in which we will relay the specifics.

It is rare that we are able to get together outside of the forum and this would be a great opportunity to hang out and enjoy some good eats....

Justin
Ima tryin!!!!!

Yep, remember the red, white and blue. I'm thinking the dealerships removed them on the new vehicle's first oil change, still being under warranty and promotional sales, ect. that would have brought them back in the beginning.

I was mostly in the small time garages. 1974 I was at a Lincoln Mercury dealership. 1978-1980 I was working for a Dodge dealership.

Good luck on the show! Looking foward to the updates :thumbsup:
KK, you’re showing your age; I don’t remember any free oil changes back then at dealerships. Warranty wasn’t too great either!

The official time for the unveiling for the GTX is Saturday 17th @ 11:45am

Below is the list of unveilings and times:

MCACN 2018 OFFICIAL UNVEILINGS FOR SHOW HAND OUT PAGE 1

Official Premier Unveiling Schedule, Saturday, November 17, 2018

9:30; 1969 Hurst/Olds Prototype, Presented by The Brothers Collection, U.S.A. Restored by Level One, CO.

9:45; 1968 426 Hemi Dodge Super Bee, Presented by Stephen Burke, AZ. Restored by MCACN Official Sponsor the Finer Details, IN

10:00; 1968 Shelby “The Green Hornet”, Presented by Craig Jackson, AZ. Restored by Billups Classic Cars, OK.

10:15; 1970 Oldsmobile Cutlass W31, Presented by Stephen Minore, CT. Restored by MCACN Official Sponsor Garner Customs & Restorations, FL.

10:30; 1970 ‘cuda, Presented by Darryl Wischnewski, OK. Presented by MCACN Official Sponsor Apex Autosports, WI.

10:45; 1969 AMC SC/Rambler, Presented and Restored by Kevin Shope, PA.

1971 AMC Gremlin, Presented by The Brothers Collection, U.S.A. Restored by Level One, CO.

1972 AMC Randall Gremlin; Presented by Bob Hoogstra, MI. Restored by Supercar Specialties, MI

11:00; 1970 Plymouth Superbird, Presented by Mike Fitzgerald, OK. Magnum Auto Restorations, Inc, IL.

11:15 1969 Pontiac RA IV Trans Am, Presented by Scott Tedro, CA. Restored by MCACN Official Sponsor MASCAR Classics, CA.

1971 SCJ Ford Mustang, Presented by Scott Tedro, Restored by MCACN Official Sponsor MASCAR Classics, CA.

11:30; 1970 Oldsmobile 442 W30, Presented by Mike Mancini, RI. Restored by MCACN Official Sponsor AMCRI, RI.

1971 Plymouth Hemi ‘cuda, Presented by Mike Mancini, RI. Restored by MCACN Official Sponsor AMCRI, RI.

11:45; 1969 Plymouth GTX, Presented and Restored by Justin Hargrave, OH.

12:00; 1970 Dodge Challenger R/T, Presented by Cory & JoAnn Slick, ND. Restored by Paul Christopherson’s Suite 426 Restorations, NE.

12:15; 1962 Pontiac Catalina Super Duty, Presented by Duane Strohschein, MI. Restored by Supercar Specialties, MI.

12:30; 1969 Chevrolet Corvette L89, Presented by Original Owner Fred Dobbins, SC. Restored by Hodge Restorations, Inc. SC.

12:45; Finer Details Press Conference, followed by the Official Unveiling of the 1971 Dodge Challenger convertible, Presented by Leena Plymale, WV. Restored by MCACN Official Sponsor The Finer Details, IN.

Are you getting nervous yet Justin? It's not my car or my show and I am nervous for you. LOL
IB

Short answer, Yes.....Longer answer it is a mix of feelings.....

Just glad you guys are recognizing these feelings:thumbsup:

Justin

I am confident that you and your car are going to knock it out of the park!!
Thanks IB!

Wish you were able to make it brother!......The main aspect for me is the simple basis of the old phrase, "Honor thy Father".....

Justin

For those who are attending please take lots of photos and/or videos for those of us who are not able to attend can get a feel for the moment and to give Justin some additional memories of the event too as well cause I'm sure it will be a bit of a whirlwind for him.

Excited for you Justin! Enjoy it!

Congrats Justin! It's come full circle from post#1. Your Dad & family are blessed to have you. You've helped me enormously with my little projects by your devotion & attention to detail. While I can't be there in person I will be there in spirit with the Mopar Brotherhood.

The official time for the unveiling for the GTX is Saturday 17th @ 11:45am

tada.gif

giphy.gif

V8TV has scheduled a LIVE event for Saturday, NOV 17.

Justin, I'll be watching. Thanks for sharing the schedule of events.

I'm sure I speak for all us FBBOers we're proud of ya man.

V8TV has scheduled a LIVE event for Saturday, NOV 17.

Justin, I'll be watching. Thanks for sharing the schedule of events.

I'm sure I speak for all us FBBOers we're proud of ya man.

Roger

Thanks for posting that link.....I am sure I will be part of the "MCACN after hours".....We scheduled our dinner on Saturday earlier in case that does happen.......

Also, thanks for the compliments! I do hope to be able to do the members proud at the show!

Justin

I got the following response from the Convention Center on parking.

Hello Tim,

Yes, the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center has parking on site. The parking garage is located at 9500 William St. The garage is located across the street from the convention center, between the DoubleTree and Embassy Suites Hotels. Our parking rate is $15.00 for a 24 hour period, no in and out privileges. The parking garage is open 24 hours a day, anytime you arrive is ok.

I hope this helps.

Thank you,

Humberto Perez

Hey Justin , sorry I won’t be able to make the show this weekend, waaaaay too many things going on at one time! Have a great weekend, can’t wait to hear about it !

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back