• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For the Love for my Father, My 69 GTX Restoration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of restoration tools best friends, here is another of mine. A shorty phillips. Best interior screwdriver by far. You can hold tightly in one hand so it doesn't fall and smack other parts. You can use your index finger to stabilize the bit and to protect the surface if it slips...

IMG_0064.JPG
IMG_0065.JPG
IMG_0066.JPG
IMG_0067.JPG
IMG_0068.JPG

Earlier I discussed the issues about setting up the door panels to accept the clips and hole. Below are pics showing the difference between old and new and how to get them ready to install...Look at where they placed a staple, ridiculous..
IMG_0069.JPG
IMG_0070.JPG
IMG_0071.JPG
IMG_0072.JPG
IMG_0073.JPG
IMG_0074.JPG
IMG_0075.JPG
IMG_0076.JPG
3 IMG_0077.JPG IMG_0078.JPG

Look at how many less staples are used in the new panels versus the old ones....

IMG_0079.JPG
IMG_0080.JPG
IMG_0081.JPG
IMG_0082.JPG
IMG_0083.JPG
IMG_0084.JPG
IMG_0085.JPG
IMG_0086.JPG
IMG_0087.JPG
IMG_0088.JPG

Prepped driver front door panel. This will get installed once I get the crank mechanism this week.

IMG_0096.JPG
IMG_0097.JPG
IMG_0098.JPG

I just can't stop staring at it.....It is hard to believe how far it has come and the memories, oh my....

IMG_0107.JPG
IMG_0108.JPG
IMG_0109.JPG

J,

Looking good!! I am enjoying watching it come together. Makes me want to push my current project along more.

D

J,

Looking good!! I am enjoying watching it come together. Makes me want to push my current project along more.

D
Darrin

Thanks my friend! I am patiently waiting some pics of your new edition...when you get it home of course!

Justin

I finally acquired a NOS non remote dated mirror. The date is late 67 and is too early based on the X's build date of course but these are rare to find at any date. Furthermore, it is "more" original than the reproduction on that was on the X.

IMG_0112.JPG
IMG_0113.JPG
IMG_0114.JPG
IMG_0115.JPG
IMG_0116.JPG
IMG_0117.JPG
IMG_0118.JPG
IMG_0119.JPG
IMG_0120.JPG
IMG_0121.JPG

Special thanks to Tony D'Agostino, Tony's Parts for coming through and finding me a perfect replacement window crank mechanism for the driver door...In less than 7 days it was at my door, .Wow! That is the way Tony is will ALL his customer...buy with confidence my friends...

Thanks Tony D!

Finally, the driver door is done..The final test was the ole front and rear window roll down test and everything was spot on....I am so pleased this is behind me....

It is now DASH time!.....

IMG_0110.JPG
IMG_0111.JPG
IMG_0127.JPG
IMG_0128.JPG
IMG_0129.JPG
IMG_0130.JPG

I know the feeling! And then there's the next item, and the next. Lol

Wouldn't want it any other way but when will it all end Doris, when will it all end!

You're doing a beautiful job :thumbsup:
Thanks for the compliments my friend!

True....there is always something else to deal with.....

It's a little difficult to read all of the digits and letters. Would you mind telling us what they are and elplaint to us novices what they all mean?

:thumbsup:

img_0116-jpg.jpg

Looking Great Justin! What kind of grease are you using?

It's a little difficult to read all of the digits and letters. Would you mind telling us what they are and elplaint to us novices what they all mean?

:thumbsup:

View attachment 499543
Mark

As far as each digit go I do not know what each one stands for. My guess it is in relation to the mirror and glass codes. The two I do know are the last two the "I" is for the month which is September and the last numeric digit "6" is the year for 66. What's interesting the paper work is 6/67...but the mirror s what it is...

Looking Great Justin! What kind of grease are you using?
It's a super secret formula....one of those if I told you well I would have to...you get my drift, lol.....

I was once told by a retired garbage man at an old Chrysler plant spotted a can of this grease in the infamous hidden hemi room at Chrysler....it has to be real right....why it would be there, why would the consider using it, who knows.....lol

Really, all kidding aside it is an otc high temp grease from O'Reillys. I will snap a picture and post tonight. I like this grease because it is low odor and works in very well. Most use wheel bearing grease which is fine but it has a significant odor. Now when it comes to the wheel)axel bearings I sent the standard grease....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back