• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For the Love for my Father, My 69 GTX Restoration

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_0328.JPG
IMG_0329.JPG
IMG_0330.JPG
IMG_0331.JPG
IMG_0332.JPG
IMG_0333.JPG
IMG_0334.JPG
IMG_0335.JPG
IMG_0336.JPG
IMG_0337.JPG

On 66 Satellite/Belvedere II tail light lens p/n on pass side is an Odd number, ends 099 and driver's side lens number ends 100. With Ma Mopar there's an exception to every rule.
Your patience to do a restoration of this quality takes a special person.

Everyones favorite part on a console installing the carpet and the trim....So I used carpet adhesive to attach the moulding portion the the fiber hump cover. I trimmed the excess off the top edge that goes under the trim. Where each clip goes you will cut out a small piece out so it will house the clip and slide under the trim. So the trim can lock in place. The tricky area is for the console like. DO NOT cut out the whole slot or you will reorder a new piece. I dry fit the piece to the console exactly in position. Then I take a sharper on the back side and mark the spot for the console light. I then make an X cut fit the housing in position and dry fit again to ensure it is correct. The i cut the circle out for the housing. If you cut from the top down when you place the trim on you will see the red of the console versus carpet...It is a nice finish detail....

The passenger side...I just cannot come to terms gluing it to the console. The piece from ACC fit along the trim as you see it with minimal trimming. So I punched hole through the carpet and the trim/clips hold it as if it was glued....

IMG_0380.JPG
IMG_0381.JPG
IMG_0382.JPG
IMG_0383.JPG
IMG_0384.JPG
IMG_0385.JPG
IMG_0386.JPG
IMG_0387.JPG

In two days about 15 hours my #2 of things I don't like to do is 99% finished......

I am very pleased with it....

Ohh BTW Final trimming to the drivers side carpet will be done when installed...I forgot to mention that earlier....Finish it later during installation that way you can achieve the best look...

IMG_0391.JPG
IMG_0392.JPG
IMG_0393.JPG
IMG_0394.JPG
IMG_0395.JPG
IMG_0396.JPG
IMG_0397.JPG
IMG_0398.JPG
IMG_0399.JPG
IMG_0400.JPG

On 66 Satellite/Belvedere II tail light lens p/n on pass side is an Odd number, ends 099 and driver's side lens number ends 100. With Ma Mopar there's an exception to every rule.
Your patience to do a restoration of this quality takes a special person.
Fran

Thanks for the kind words my friend, much appreciated....

Even with no markings you cannot get the guards mixed up.....I am not familiar with pre 68 but lenses 68 and above have an RH and LH molded into them....For example the park lights on the X end in 1 and 2 and one is the driver....Maybe it changed or maybe some parts do not fall in that scenario....All the ones in this build do correlate......

Justin

Fran

Thanks for the kind words my friend, much appreciated....

Even with no markings you cannot get the guards mixed up.....I am not familiar with pre 68 but lenses 68 and above have an RH and LH molded into them....For example the park lights on the X end in 1 and 2 and one is the driver....Maybe it changed or maybe some parts do not fall in that scenario....All the ones in this build do correlate......

Justin

As we all know, with Chryslers of that era, crappy fitment is more correct than perfect fitment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back