• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For the Love for my Father, My 69 GTX Restoration

Status
Not open for further replies.
told ya you need a TV show!......... you are way less annoying than that no talent gas monkey hack
:thumbsup: Great Idea! I don't think the certain network could handle the "True" reality that goes on in FBBO!

Prime example look at what happened to Ed on Wheeler Dealers....total BS what they did to him......

Last edited:
Poor Ed; he hasn't done anything else other than post a few YouTube videos on his Where's Ed channel. They aren't worth watching, though.

As for me I look younger than what my body tells me.....turned 43 this year.....my wife is 4 years older and she looks 20....trust me I do throw the old lady comment around...We crack on each other btw....

Justin

Aha, so you have a Mrs. Robinson thing going on. The only thing better than that is if you were to say that she was one of your high school teachers.

:thumbsup:

Aha, so you have a Mrs. Robinson thing going on. The only thing better than that is if you were to say that she was one of your high school teachers.

:thumbsup:
lol.....I brought more than an apple that day long ago.......Nope, nothing crazy like that.....

I hope so but have my doubts. My family tree either goes 90s or 60s not much in between. I worry about all the chemicals I was exposed to as a kid on the farm, industrial painting 10 yrs & welding for 25 years. I try to take care of myself now, hope it's not to late!

Darrin,

What is interesting about Sue is how quiet and reserved she is in person. She has a clean cut professional personality. She came out to my car to help remove the seats and boxes and I said, "no worries Sue I will handle it." She wouldn't have it and unloaded the boxes. Then with everything out she looked over each seat, each box and each part....Inspected everything before I was able to leave. I will tell you that place for a saturday in the short time I was there. Probably, ten or more customers stop in...I always heard how widely respected she is around here and I witnessed that first hand yesterday....

As for me I look younger than what my body tells me.....turned 43 this year.....my wife is 4 years older and she looks 20....trust me I do throw the old lady comment around...We crack on each other btw....

Justin

A face only a mother could love. LMAO J/K Justin.

I couldn't hardly stand that show but loved Sue... funny lady for sure and talented as well. Really cool that your using her for your seats:thumbsup:.

Also nice putting another face to the name.... I'm only 2 years behind you.

So a bunch of us are around the same age, eh? I just turned 40 in Jan.

:thumbsup: Great Idea! I don't think the certain network could handle the "True" reality that goes on in FBBO!

Prime example look at what happened to Ed on Wheeler Dealers....total BS what they did to him......

He stood up for what he thought was right and I applaud him. Shitty of Velocity to change the format of the show. The new one wont survive 2 seasons. Bank on it.

A face only a mother could love. LMAO J/K Justin.

So a bunch of us are around the same age, eh? I just turned 40 in Jan.

He stood up for what he thought was right and I applaud him. Shitty of Velocity to change the format of the show. The new one wont survive 2 seasons. Bank on it.
Mario,
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/18f085c8-dfbc-46cf-9bc3-45e6dc15fe79

:rofl:always love your humor Mario!

This is 40 central it appears anybody want to have a drink?
4000000.jpg

I commend Ed as well and I hope the show flops as I think it will....

Last edited:
Looks great like new and done right, Great memories, I had many with my dad with the 73 Charger he helped me fix it when I was 17 and did not know much. He replace a stuck and clogged push rod after I purchased the car and many other driving and camping memories with the Charger... thanks for sharing your story.

Looks great like new and done right, Great memories, I had many with my dad with the 73 Charger he helped me fix it when I was 17 and did not know much. He replace a stuck and clogged push rod after I purchased the car and many other driving and camping memories with the Charger... thanks for sharing your story.
Much appreciated my friend! Also, thank you for sharing some of your memories as well...these cars do have great stories behind them through all the travels....It is great to hear them all!

Justin

Just down to the odds and ends pieces.....

Here we have the Air Grabber air cleaner assembly. The lid and the base was restored by Totally Auto. The base hardware is the original. Air cleaner decal is from ECS and the wing nuts for the lid are from Frank Badalson. The Fram element is a later NOS replacement and long ago I bought a case of them...

IMG_0935.JPG
IMG_0936.JPG
IMG_0937.JPG
IMG_0938.JPG
IMG_0939.JPG
IMG_0940.JPG
IMG_0941.JPG
IMG_0942.JPG
IMG_0943.JPG

Friday the glass man came over and installed the front and rear glass....The front windshield is finished and he has to come back to finish the rear glass(I will update this for reason I will explain later)...

The glass came from ECS and fit perfectly....

IMG_0959.JPG
IMG_0960.JPG
IMG_0961.JPG
IMG_0962.JPG
IMG_0963.JPG
IMG_0964.JPG
IMG_0965.JPG
IMG_0966.JPG
IMG_0967.JPG
IMG_0968.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.