• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For the Love for my Father, My 69 GTX Restoration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now I can finally install some of the interior trim pieces....

A pillars were restored by Instrument Specialties...

The stainless dash trim pieces were polished
IMG_0971.JPG
IMG_0972.JPG
IMG_0974.JPG
IMG_0975.JPG
IMG_0976.JPG
IMG_0977.JPG
IMG_0978.JPG
IMG_0979.JPG

IMG_0985.JPG
These are the 3 A pillar screws....

Short one goes on the underside of the dash. Longer one goes by the roof rail weatherstrip and the hard to find flat head goes on the dash in the door area..
IMG_0980.JPG
IMG_0981.JPG

Last edited:
Upper windshield trim piece was restored by Instrument Specialties.

Original hardware as shown....Make sure to fit each end properly in the A pillar trim.....

IMG_0982.JPG
IMG_0983.JPG
IMG_0984.JPG
IMG_0986.JPG

Original visors were redone by Dave Patik...The arms were done by Totally Auto...Original hardware as shown. I cannot find the sun visor tips for the life of me...

The sun visor arms have a part number and a (R or L) on them....

IMG_0987.JPG
IMG_0988.JPG
IMG_0989.JPG
IMG_0990.JPG
IMG_0991.JPG
IMG_0992.JPG
IMG_0993.JPG

Steering column cover was done by Instrument Specialties....Original hardware as shown....The 2 long bolts is due to the lower dash pad...

Coat hooks were redone by Dave Patik...

Also installed the shoulder belts......

IMG_1014.JPG
IMG_1015.JPG
IMG_1016.JPG
IMG_1017.JPG
IMG_1018.JPG
IMG_1019.JPG

IMG_1013.JPG

Installed the wiper blades....Notice the correct stampings 15B on the arms. The blade assemblies are the real deal NOS for 69...Notice the ribs on the blade and the Trico stamping..

I spent A LOT of time on the arms to get them back close to original finish....More time than you can imagine....For a part most don't even notice unless they are missing, lol....

Also be sure your system is in "Park" before you install them....
IMG_1024.JPG
IMG_1025.JPG
IMG_1026.JPG
IMG_1027.JPG
IMG_1028.JPG
IMG_1029.JPG
IMG_1030.JPG

Installed the hardware in the ear piece for the front trim....Then a black adhesive was use to attach the roof rail weatherstrip to cover this...

IMG_1034.JPG
IMG_1035.JPG

Hey Justin. I noticed the #2 in the back. While working on my car today I had a #3 on the left side. What do they mean?

IMAG1615_BURST002_COVER.jpg

Original visors were redone by Dave Patik...The arms were done by Totally Auto...Original hardware as shown. I cannot find the sun visor tips for the life of me...

The sun visor arms have a part number and a (R or L) on them....

View attachment 520898 View attachment 520899 View attachment 520900 View attachment 520901 View attachment 520902 View attachment 520903 View attachment 520904
Guess you need to make better use of those sealable sandwich baggies,lol.

Installed the wiper blades....Notice the correct stampings 15B on the arms. The blade assemblies are the real deal NOS for 69...Notice the ribs on the blade and the Trico stamping..

I spent A LOT of time on the arms to get them back close to original finish....More time than you can imagine....For a part most don't even notice unless they are missing, lol....

Also be sure your system is in "Park" before you install them....
View attachment 520922 View attachment 520923 View attachment 520924 View attachment 520925 View attachment 520926 View attachment 520927 View attachment 520928
I bet ya the rt. arm is 1-2 knurls too low,lol...Wet w/shield they move a lot more back&forth. Hey, somebody has to keep you on the path! Jeff

I bet ya the rt. arm is 1-2 knurls too low,lol...Wet w/shield they move a lot more back&forth. Hey, somebody has to keep you on the path! Jeff
Nope....I cannot stand the wipers sitting up high, Pet peeve of mine.....Thats were they will always stay parked on a windshield that will never see water....lol...

I did do a dry test btw and thats where they always fall in park....Which is probably the last time they will come on.....

Moderators--is there a way we can pick an 'agree','like' and 'thanks' all at the same time?lol.

Nope....I cannot stand the wipers sitting up high, Pet peeve of mine.....Thats were they will always stay parked on a windshield that will never see water....lol...

I did do a dry test btw and thats where they always fall in park....Which is probably the last time they will come on.....
Never say "never". AND if 'they' hit that gorgeous trim ur gonna be P.O'd.

Never say "never". AND if 'they' hit that gorgeous trim ur gonna be P.O'd.
I guarntee never.....lol....They will not hit the trim btw...I install these the same as all my previous resto's and the daily drivers in the past....It is a fine line but I am above it my friend...

Thanks for keeping an eye out....

I guarntee never.....lol....They will not hit the trim btw...I install these the same as all my previous resto's and the daily drivers in the past....It is a fine line but I am above it my friend...

Thanks for keeping an eye out....

Justin I've been reading in batches and finally caught up.

This thread might go down in history as one the best (and most accurate) home built assembly plant matching cars out there.

I can't tell you how much I hate arrogance in some people and how it ruins most threads. Your thread has been truly enjoyable to read.

You'll be getting many more compliments. There's no question....and you've totally earned it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back