• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For the Love for my Father, My 69 GTX Restoration

Status
Not open for further replies.
I broke one of those push in types that hold down the windshield washer line trying to pry it back out to re-route the line. They fit really tight. DCS parts are high quality as far as the ones I have bought.

I broke one of those push in types that hold down the windshield washer line trying to pry it back out to re-route the line. They fit really tight. DCS parts are high quality as far as the ones I have bought.
He is one of the few good vendors....

Friday was a rather busy day. The windshield guy came back to reinstall the rear glass. Long story but when it first went in the clips would not retain the trim. So he came back a week later and removed the glass and took the clips with him. Rob has to adjust the clips so they would lock in the trim properly. This past Friday he came back with the clips and installed the glass and trim. Everything installed beautifully and flawlessly.

Again do not always bank on because it is new it works....In the end it is sad that even reproduction window trim clips(the rear) have to be modified.

Now let me express my opinion of the windshield company used for this project for the front and rear glass install. They were Phenomenal to say the least. Rob the main installer was completely professional, knowledgeable and I had no worry leaving him alone with my project to work on it. He wore an apron to protect the paint and took care of my parts and car as I would, Wow! That is rare to see....He also had a helper to come by for setting the rear glass in and his name was Chris...Chris was very professional and had such a wonderful attitude even though he was a Cowboys and Michigan fan, lol....He also respected my car as his own and was genuine with his comments......

You know i only talked to the owner Rick over the phone but based on his employees and their work/care speaks miles of who and what your company is about....THE CUSTOMER...

I would use them again in a heartbeat and will recommend them to anyone needing anything glass related....

To Rod, Chris and Rick I thank all of you for taking great care of my car and installing the glass/trim perfectly!

http://www.xtremeautoglasspros.com
IMG_1175.JPG
IMG_1101.JPG
IMG_1102.JPG

After lunch friday I went down to Ole Sue's to pick up my seats......Look at what she leaves on all day in her waiting area and the stickers on a front window:thumbsup: There was even a King James Bible in the bathroom.....Awesome indeed!
IMG_20171013_125253471.jpg
IMG_20171013_125726841.jpg
IMG_1115.JPG

Next on the agenda was to install the 3 piece inside rear window trim. Sounds easy but why are they such a PITA to install. After dome time and some not so nice words it is in...
IMG_1100.JPG
IMG_1108.JPG
IMG_1110.JPG

Now it is time for the seats!

Of course the rear is going in first. First thing I have to do is to install the right and left seat belt holders, Single goes on the passenger side and dual on the driver side. These are easy to locate and to much a hole with a pick...So don't get upset if your installer doesn't do this...These are things I would rather do myself anyways....

Reproduction trunk divider goes in first and the the back portion. Do not forget to bed the lower tabs to hod it in place. Then goes in the seat bottom. No big tricks here other than a little brute strength....

IMG_1111.JPG
IMG_1112.JPG
IMG_1113.JPG
IMG_1114.JPG

Now onto the front seats which is what I did today. I did not want them to cutout for the headrests. Why? Because I know how to do it and they probably do 1 mopar seat for every 200 chevy seats. Second reason I do not want my pricey chrome pieces lost or messed up. These are easy to cutout just find the center of the hole on the seat and stick a pick in the center then take one bracket as a template and center the hole and take your pick and fine the screw holes. I marked the inside with a sharpie and cut it out...

The original headrests were Professional restored by Not Just Headrests.. A no brainer to use this guy BTW!
http://www.notjustheadrests.com

The chrome pieces were plated by Paul's. The seatbelt holders and hinge covers were restored by Dave Patik at PCG.

The original seat mechanisms were degreased, stripped chemically and soaked in evaporust. They are semi gloss black. Also be sure to thread chase everything prior to painting. All springs were assembled originally after painting which is why they are different colors. Original nuts were phosphated and the bolts where left as is. The springs can be a challenging to keep from scratching things so be careful and take your time.

These are all dated on the topside that meets the seat. All of mine had the same date 44 8, 44th week of 68...

The spacers and holders are new. I use a socket and screwdriver to install the holder clip.

The adjusters on the seats have a wire and a bracket. The short wire and short bracket go on the driver seat and the long bracket and wire go on the passenger seat. One end of the bracket goes on the eye bolt on the seat(adjustable) and the other holds the wire. You can adjust this point to increase or decrease tension as needed to engage the release and lock for the seat sliders.

These are the original nuts that TA plated to hold the seat to the body. Notice how cared the washer is and that teeth. Reproductions are typically smaller washer size and teeth.

The release black lever knobs are NOS and the seat release back knob was plated by Paul's Chrome....
IMG_1116.JPG
IMG_1117.JPG
IMG_1118.JPG
IMG_1119.JPG
IMG_1120.JPG
IMG_1121.JPG
IMG_1122.JPG
IMG_1123.JPG
IMG_1124.JPG

IMG_1150.JPG
IMG_1151.JPG
IMG_1152.JPG
IMG_1153.JPG
IMG_1154.JPG
IMG_1155.JPG
IMG_1156.JPG
IMG_1157.JPG

Pic above shows an ice pic through one of the front seat holes!!! Guess whats next!

INSTALLED! Holy crap it looks like a flipping car I am literally beside myself....What a journey this one has been...

IMG_20171014_130404564.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back