• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For the Love for my Father, My 69 GTX Restoration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh no! I'm driving my GTX down to see you!!!! I'll pick up Mechanic on the way. Only a 12 hour drive (at the legal speed limit. Well maybe a little more than that as I'll have to stop twice as often for gas as normal. I can stop by and see Patti too.
I will have an empty spot in my garage next to my X when you come!

Each year there is a big Mopar show at Gas Monkey in Dallas and the AER show in Dallas....We may have to brainstorm this in some way....

I will have an empty spot in my garage next to my X when you come!

Each year there is a big Mopar show at Gas Monkey in Dallas and the AER show in Dallas....We may have to brainstorm this in some way....
I’d trailer down for a show/meet up

I’d trailer down for a show/meet up
Mark

Now we're talking.....Sounds like a possibly to get a few FBBO folks together.....Some of the guys from Houston come up for the show as well in August....

I would also have a parking spot for you as well....just have to bump the wifies car out, lol...She wouldn't mind for a beauty as yours...Also, plenty of room to park a trailer/truck out front...

Justin

Mark

Now we're talking.....Sounds like a possibly to get a few FBBO folks together.....Some of the guys from Houston come up for the show as well in August....

I would also have a parking spot for you as well....just have to bump the wifies car out, lol...She wouldn't mind for a beauty as yours...Also, plenty of room to park a trailer/truck out front...

Justin
That would’ve awesome, would be cool for us to motorcade over to gas monkey

I agree! Show those guys how it's supposed to be done. :lol: I still like the idea of a Route 66 trip/tour.

I was cleaning out some things and found an old business card for Billy West Peedins. In the beginning of this thread I mentioned him and his tie to the GTX. Billy sold the GTX to my pops back in the early 90's. He was an amazing man to say the least and had an amazing collections of Mopars. He passed away in 2008.....

IMG_1051.JPG

http://www.parrishfh.com/memsol.cgi?user_id=1400089

Last edited:
I was cleaning out some things and found an old business card for Billy West Peedins. In the beginning of this thread I mentioned him and his tie to the GTX. Billy sold the GTX to my pops back in the early 90's. He was an amazing man to say the least and had an amazing collections of Mopars. He passed away in 2008.....

View attachment 524004
That’s pretty freaking cool, Justin

Here are two original 69 sales brochures that will be displayed with the X....

Anyone notice the position of the wipers....hint hint lol.....

IMG_1055.JPG
IMG_1054.JPG
IMG_1053.JPG
IMG_1052.JPG

Here is the original owners manual and sleeve that was in the glove box....It does show it's age but it will stay as is and tucked back in it's original home....
IMG_1056.JPG
IMG_1057.JPG

LOL I just figured ur problem, sitting too low in the seat makes the wipers seem higher!!!

BTW, what's the trick to getting these lined up and putting these on correctly? That spring is super strong.

How did mine look before I took them off for paint?

View attachment 524804
If you look closely at the chargers above two match yours on the drivers side(because they used them at some point)....the third no one flipped the switch yet...When I turn mine on the driver side lands where yours does and the passenger fall in the same spot.....Keep in mind the driver blade acts as a brake per se....

Oldbee really got this debate going on wiper parking.

Question why do engineers design a wiper system that the passenger side wiper pushes water to the driver's side?

BTW, what's the trick to getting these lined up and putting these on correctly? That spring is super strong.
That is the main reason why people install them incorrectly.....Make sure the inside of the slotted area is clean....I take some oil and rub in that area....

You can be brave and not protect anything or be safe and take an old towel and cut a hole in it and place over the pivot for protection. I bend back the end a bit that attaches and slide on just enough to hold it but doesn't engage the locking tab. Keep in mind that does not mean you can let it go and run to the other side because it can pop off...This is just to see where the blade lands and then readjust up/down as need be....Do one side at a time...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back