• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For the Love for my Father, My 69 GTX Restoration

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is the main reason why people install them incorrectly.....Make sure the inside of the slotted area is clean....I take some oil and rub in that area....

You can be brave and not protect anything or be safe and take an old towel and cut a hole in it and place over the pivot for protection. I bend back the end a bit that attaches and slide on just enough to hold it but doesn't engage the locking tab. Keep in mind that does not mean you can let it go and run to the other side because it can pop off...This is just to see where the blade lands and then readjust up/down as need be....Do one side at a time...
Did I mention those SOBs at the paint shop painted my posts? I'll have to get those clean first. Thanks for the tips.

Oldbee really got this debate going on wiper parking.

Question why do engineers design a wiper system that the passenger side wiper pushes water to the driver's side?
It's a matter of comfort zone due to worn out components....

When you have a properly restored system...Switch, arms, pivot shafts, wiper motor...Then you can place them in the factory position as mine were.....

Not sure what the debate may be...when we have a video showing cars rolling off the line with the arms in position as the examples I have shown....

Did I mention those SOBs at the paint shop painted my posts? I'll have to get those clean first. Thanks for the tips.
Yes take them out and get all paint off....You can even use anti seize or oil....I just prefer oil....

I won't be taking them out. So, I'll find a way to cover the paint and windshield while I dremel/wire wheel the paint off. I have some copper anti seize and oil. The anti seize is very messy. I may just use a few drops of oil.

More examples......

Original Daytona.....

DaytonaPhotoRealism1z.jpg

A Concours restored charger

25886654080_e9be04124d_m.jpg

Superbird Barn Find....

thumbnail_Resized95201707980876543291695175807.jpg

I won't be taking them out. So, I'll find a way to cover the paint and windshield while I dremel/wire wheel the paint off. I have some copper anti seize and oil. The anti seize is very messy. I may just use a few drops of oil.
That is why I use oil...

I take it your dash is in...that I understand

Dash is in. The wiper motor was restored by a previous owner. I think the linkage bushings are all new but they didn't restore the finish on the rods (argh!) and I'm not sure about the pivot seals as they have paint on them from the PO (2 coats now). There's lots of hidden details I can't for the life of me understand why did not get done while everything was apart and easy to do.

Dash is in. The wiper motor was restored by a previous owner. I think the linkage bushings are all new but they didn't restore the finish on the rods (argh!) and I'm not sure about the pivot seals as they have paint on them from the PO (2 coats now). There's lots of hidden details I can't for the life of me understand why did not get done while everything was apart and easy to do.
Unfortunately, these things happen a lot...

Did you say make sure the wipers are parked, install the driver side, cycle it, then install the passenger side since the driver side stops the passenger side?

Oldbee really got this debate going on wiper parking.

Question why do engineers design a wiper system that the passenger side wiper pushes water to the driver's side?
It looks pretty? There's probably a better reason.

LOL, not original arms. And now I'm done making trouble! Rt side probably a tad too high or original pivots/arms are wearing out.

IMG_1202.JPG

It's a matter of comfort zone due to worn out components....

When you have a properly restored system...Switch, arms, pivot shafts, wiper motor...Then you can place them in the factory position as mine were.....

Not sure what the debate may be...when we have a video showing cars rolling off the line with the arms in position as the examples I have shown....
Welllll, Fran & I are just having some fun Justin. I know the concours stuff gets pretty exacting. Jeff

Welllll, Fran & I are just having some fun Justin. I know the concours stuff gets pretty exacting. Jeff
You don't understand...I am having some enjoyment as well....

I just like mine to perform with longer strokes...versus short strokes....but in the end at least we both leave with a smile.....Then BS about the next chic...:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back