• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For those thinking about ditching torsion bars.

ckessel

Local time
7:51 PM
Reaction score
I was at the SEMA show today and happened upon the Heidt's booth. I've seen their ads in the magazines about their 68-72b and 70-74e body front package. I'm impressed. The unit is NOT a Stang2 based unit. The lower control arms are mounted in a double shear like you would see OE on some cars and trucks. WAY better than the single shear, poorly supported others that also use a 12" long bolt as the pivot for the arm that cannot support our[ or any other 3klb + vehicle] without bending. The spindle is their design based off of a Chevy[ cough cough] truck that uses larger bearings for hub support than the commonly used Stang stuff. The material used for the framing is better and you can put a floor jack under the rectangle portion to lift the car, common jack point for us, without having it bend. It does use R&P steering and you don' gain turning radius unlike another unit out there. Didn't ask about the weight so no idea if it changes up or down. Base price is comparable with the others and you can have many options. They also are making an IRS for both E and B. Its past $10k to start. I'm impressed by what I saw of this unit and if I had the dough and was not so far into what I have and have done for mine, I would go for it. Get on their site and check it out.

C6BFE9D7-F129-48AD-BF40-A1C255E5C898.jpeg

E11A2450-6A3D-4BD9-BC91-CD4BA2BEB217.jpeg

9E8B2355-0A7A-4B86-B03B-21CAC5521ACC.jpeg

Yet another bit of kit that is way over my meager car-**** budget.

They look like nice units, but they seem quite a bit more expensive than the other options out there. The rear especially, although that price may include the rear end and brakes, which makes more sense.

I saw 68-70 Charger, but nothing for Roadrunner front suspension.
For me, I'm already all in and installed my complete QA1 front suspension including the K-member, except for the UCAs which are APC. The only thing I’d consider changing is the torsion bars if I ever want a lighter than stock bar for weight transfer, considering the BMP aluminum block and TF heads that may be even more "do-able" and I may want to swap the APC UCAs for a "stronger" UCA, although I haven't and I hope I won't have any problems with the ones I have from APC.

You do know that any suspension component that fits a Charger will fit a same year Road Runner, right?
Now I do. Thanks.
I suspected that, so I looked up "Charger" when Roadrunner didn't turn up.
Still...I'm leary of any company that wouldn't have a separate listing for "Roadrunner" lol...J/K

Ma Mopar built a LOT of Road Runners but lately, the 68-70 Charger is in the spotlight. 10 years ago, it was the 70-71 Cuda.

I made a mistake on the spindle they use. Its actually for 67-9 Camaro/Firebird. I asked today to clarify and got corrected. Still has larger bearings for the hub and since its for the Camaro, its open season on brakes. Pick your poison.

Auto Transport Service
Back