• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

forward manual valvebody back to column shift -What do i need ?

73dart360

Local time
2:41 AM
Reaction score
1967 dodge coronet 500 looks like it was a column shift , what would i need to do and what parts do put it back to column shift , and because someone installed a forward manual valve body what needs to be done to the tranny so that will work? 727 torque flite

You will need to put a stock valve body back in or have yours reworked if they can. As for the column shift if you dont have the old parts the best would be to find some one who has a doner or parts car you could get all the parts from or a yard that has one you can get parts from. You will need everything from the column shifter down to the shift lever on the trans. Pick up a year one or classic catalog and you should be able to see all the parts in there diagram. Parts car would be my best sugestion that would even have a valve body possibly.

Auto Transport Service
Back